Lewis Hamilton to leave McLaren for Mercedes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Lewis Hamilton is to leave McLaren after signing to race for Mercedes from next season.

The move, predicted by BBC Sport earlier this month, will be announced on Friday and will have huge repercussions throughout Formula 1.

It has forced Michael Schumacher out of Mercedes but it it is not clear whether the German legend will go back into retirement or look for another team.

Sauber driver Sergio Perez has signed as Hamilton's replacement at McLaren.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From my point of view I know it pays more money and all that but I dont see him winning any races for them :/

Perez? I would have thought McLaren would have got Paul Di Resta in instead.

good riddance i say, perez is a great signing for mclaren, a young, exciting and very capable driver, di resta would of been a good choice but he's just solid and not much else. Perez is a much better option he has something about him and with the right car and team behind him could well be something very special.

got abit bored of hearing hamilton bitch and moan, suprised he didnt quit F1 all together to be honest. he'll have fun next year in the midfield then getting frustrated and crashing out.

PicNews120928.jpg

PicNews120905.jpg

Wouldn have minded seeing Kimi with Jenson.

but as above got to agree Perez has a got some talent waiting to be used.

Guessing no votes for maldonado :p

Maldonado extremely fast, and a race winner in a car that probably shouldn't be. Too volatile and a bit arrogant. Ironically very similar to his teammate's uncle, albeit with less self belief.
Diresta solid but just hasn't consistently beaten his teammate.
Perez fast and consistent and very easy on tires, even more so than Button, they should complement each other very well.

Apparently Lewis wants a new challenge and wants to help make Mercedes a no.1 team. I am sceptical of this since he isn't exactly an over-achiever (I know being World Champion means a lot but he could have done it again) and has never previously shown much interest in development.

I like Perez, this will be interesting :D

crystalpuma said:
Apparently Lewis wants a new challenge and wants to help make Mercedes a no.1 team. I am sceptical of this since he isn't exactly an over-achiever (I know being World Champion means a lot but he could have done it again) and has never previously shown much interest in development.

I like Perez, this will be interesting :D
He didn't cover himself with glory either, in winning the championship, Massa having 3 retirements and 3 botched pit stops by ferrari (one while threatening the lead and 2 in podium positions) and Ham still only won on the last lap of brazilian gp by a point.
Massa basically gave it away.
Which makes it all the more amazing how Massa's form has deteriorated since his head injury at Hungaroring 2009.

Latest posts

Back