Mark Webber to leave F1 at the end of the year

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Last time at Silverstone for Mark Webber in a Red Bull this weekend...

Red Bull driver Mark Webber has decided to leave F1 at the end of this season.

The 36-year-old Australian is joining German company Porsche's new sportscar programme, which includes an assault on the classic Le Mans 24 Hours.

Webber had options to stay in F1, either with Red Bull or another top team, but feels it is time to move on in his career.

Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen is favourite to replace him, with Toro Rosso's Daniel Ricciardo or Jean-Eric Vergne options.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have to disagree a little, I don't think he's that good a driver compared to the majority of the others. The red bull car he drives has been disguising this fact for a few years.

Being consistently a good bit slower (in F1 terms) than his team mate for years is my reasoning.

We will soon see if that is the case when another driver comes in and he can be compared evenly with Vettel and then I'll eat my hat but until then I think it's a wise choice to move on.

He was faster than his team mate in practice today.

It will shake up the teams a bit I feel since everyone wants a top driver spot!

Latest posts

Back