Lights left on alarm when opening door.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the above within the dash. Mine has stopped working so I thought I would start there and work my way back. Has any one had such a failure? Is it a common thing? Any advice?

Regards Richard.

Is the interior light working when the door is open? As I would check the door switch first

Hi Richard
The door switch is the usual culprit and requires a major strip of the door to access it including removal of the top of the door . Ignore the switches fitted in the lower front pillars as they have no wires attached and are dummies to fill the hole in the pillar from use in earlier cars eg Analogue/ fiesta mk4's etc. As previous post to identify in addition it controls the interior light as well.

There is a "How to" on here; to strip the door to get to the micro switch which can be replaced within the door lock.

In that case I'd definitely be looking at the door switch first, sounds like the most likely cause of your problem

Hi Guys.
Thanks, the bulb is fine. How right you are, always check the simple things first.

A tale of woe for you. Many years ago , 1970 to be precise. A neighbour of my parents (I was living at home at the time) purchased a new Vauxhall Viva. not long after it started to over heat, well it spent a week in the garage, changed thermostat, head gasket, and radiator. In the end it turned out to be the radiator cap. lol. Anyone else have a story to tell? Perhaps a new thread.

Regards
Richard.

Back