Long weekend drive

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dal said:
Answered.

Having it lowered and on 17s the way it is does make it noticably firmer on the road, but also more planted when at speed, such as motorway driving.

The 17" alloys also give more mpg on a run as well as I posted about further up the thread.

yeh I'm sure its firmer but at least you get the benefits on the twisty stuff, plus better mpg isn't something you'd think about but 'every little helps'!

Just got back from a 750 mile weekend Norfolk > N Wales > Anglesey > N Wales > Norfolk.

Didn't keep a close log of the fuel, but did fill up next to Dobbies in Shrewsbury on the way back (Hi Sarah).

On a surprisingly traffic free weekday late evening I was able to lock in the cruise control at 73 > 74 mph (GPS monitored) and motor the whole 160 miles back hardly touching brakes or accelerator.

On arrival home the trip computer is showing an average fuel consumption of 54.7mpg and a range remaining of 490 miles.

:)

That's good Rob. Especially as your travelling in sumptious luxury.

8)

I'm trying to cheer myself up.

The downside was the fantastic roads across Snowdonia where I would have killed to have the FRP back

Plus the Welsh tw*t in an eew-nasty that tried ot run me off the road at the top of the Horsehoe Pass

:evil:

Well you have to give them something rob, they know they cant beat an equal car so they go for big luxury saloons and the like.

Back