Looking to buy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyp1987

Hi im looking to buy a ford puma in the next couple of weeks.
I have seen a few what are £100- £200 over my budget, but there was one what caught my eye, it was for sale for £299 but the clutch is slipping.
I would like to know if it is worth getting it or waiting and paying over £1000 in a few weeks?
And also if it is worth getting, how much would it cost to get the parts, and is it just the standard clutch kit i would need?
many thanks, Shaun

Standard clutch kit is about £100

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/puma_17efi-clutch_kit_1384.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a look at the buyers guide on this forum.

I'd be very cautious of buying one for £299.. I'd be thinking engine failure on the cards for that money or chasis falling apart from the body.

£1000 can get you a tidy example if you look hard enough.

Any pictures or advert links to the £299 one? I'd be a bit wary of it personally!

The one for £299 is on gumtree in the northeast posted late last month. Theres no pictures of it but they say it only has 62000 miles on the clock and 2 previous lady owners. i am cautious and think there may be more to it my budget is approx. £750-£800 and i looking for a 1.7 preferably in red with less than 80000 on the clock.

Latest posts

Back