Lowering spring suggestions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so for a while I have been debating about lowering my car and I have been looking online for different brands. I got 2 brands that caught my eye but unfortunately they are not eibach or H&R because I can't find any new ones from them (I imagine they are discontinued). The 2 brands are APEX and AP (apprently they are owned by KW). APEX offers lowering by 35 mm all around but AP offer lowering by 30mm on the front and 20mm on the back. Might I add I also own 17" wheels with 225/45/17 tyres. What do you guys think between the 2 brands what would be more ideal. I'm thinking about clearance when the car has weight added and clearance from the tyres. Any suggestions?

225/45/17 tyres will not fit. the biggest you can get away with is 205/40/17. I know I tried.
I run Focus ST 170 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres. I also run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, you will need these spacers with the ST wheels, the bearings only load up the equivalent of 16mm spacers. Over the past six years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. I have also fitted the equivalent of the FRP springs. I have had no issues what so ever with this set up.
Focus ST wheels are genuine ford, they are reasonably cheap and they add a period look, if that's what you are after. Photos of the car are on my project thread. My Puma.

Back