Lowering

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll pitch in here as I've done the lowering thing with Eibachs and they really don't have as good a ride as standard. I loved how they looked, but they frequently bottomed our the (new) shocks and made the ride harsh. I also found they knackered the traction away from junctions and gave the car a more understeery nature. In the end, I put standard springs back in. I went out tonight along some of Sussex's worst roads remembered how good the ride can be. If your only concern is the looks, then lower it. If you want a great all-rounder, keep it standard.

Don't go chopping springs - it's a dangerous idiotic thing to do.

Hi all ,I've lowered my puma and not knowing about the camber probs ,I'm now wiping out tyres so I am going to get new adjustable wishbones £300 odd pounds gutted but it does look so much better the lower height,any one know a cheaper alternative :grin:

Have you had the tracking checked? Mine was toed in and the inside edge of the fronts lasted about 2000 miles, since then I've done 8000 and they're still like new so I'd have that looked at if you haven't.

Doesn't inspire confidence if it reaches the end of the adjustment. Either it's as straight as a circle or there's some pattern parts in there.

XAF said:
The Eibach ones are great, I've got them on my car and were the ones Ford used to install as an option at the dealers.

What dampers would you reccommend to go with Eibach? I read Kayaba and OEM standard. What did you fit?

Thx

Hi, I fitted brand new Ford dampers and have done plenty of track and road action since and they've held up well. Personally if I were to do it again I'd still get standard ones, but non-Ford and gas not oil, just for a little more control of the spring

is there much of a difference in ride comfort with the eibach springs on standard shocks. looking to lower but don't want to compromise of comfort too much (must be getting old).

Thanks

Back