Margaret Thatcher dies following a stroke

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evilrob said:
Well done, UK - I hope you're pleased with yourselves. :?

Screen_Shot_2013-04-10_at_21.40.12.png

tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250.gif

we'll see if radio one play it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22093181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:pinkeye: surely the chart has to play the #1 song though.. granted if it were another number they be able to skip it..

Amanda, I saw that on FB, seems true enough to me!

spike. said:
we'll see if radio one play it!

Given that nobody who listens to Radio 1 will be old enough to remember Mrs Thatcher, it seems a matter of huge irrelevance.

red said:
:pinkeye: surely the chart has to play the #1 song though.. granted if it were another number they be able to skip it..

I don't think the position in the charts makes a difference. I remember the Sex Pistols releasing God Save the Queen (yes, I am that old!) and the BBC refused to play it no matter what position it got to in the charts. The only way I could get to hear the song was to go out and buy a copy, no doubt helping it climb even further up the charts!

BenF said:
red said:

I don't think the position in the charts makes a difference. I remember the Sex Pistols releasing God Save the Queen (yes, I am that old!) and the BBC refused to play it no matter what position it got to in the charts. The only way I could get to hear the song was to go out and buy a copy, no doubt helping it climb even further up the charts!

would you like to buy a copy I have one for sale :)

I bought one at thje time!

sadly all my 45's and 33's bit the dust about 10 years ago, along with my Thorens record deck (if you remember them?!)

Back