Mat fixing clips - are these right?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger_

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-OVAL-SCREW-CAR-MAT-FIXING-CLIP-LOCATING-X2-/360358352627?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e70816f3#ht_1359wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My lovely parents got me the Puma mats for my birthday, but although there's holes in the carpet where the clips should be I haven't got any :(
Don't like having the mats moving so going to buy the clips :)
Are the above the correct ones?

Ta muchly
Nat :)

No problem. :eek:k:

You might need to pierce a small hole in the carpet to get them started, and they only screw into the carpet itself, so don't worry if they don't seem to go in far enough.

while we're on clips, anyone know which of these are the correct ones for the boot trim?
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=ford+Interior+Boot+Carpet+retaining+Push+Clips+x+20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cherie said:
Whereabouts in the boot?

sorry, at the edges hidden by the rear seat... looks like three per side, I only got one clip in total :/

Are the ones in either of those auctions the same as the one you do have?

Really impressed, ordered on Friday and they turned up yesterday.
Took passenger side mat out and found the 4 which came with the mats underneath :whoops:

Be careful when screwing them in, i snapped two because i didnt make the hole in the carpet big enough and tightened them abit much :lol:

Cherie said:
Are the ones in either of those auctions the same as the one you do have?

the smaller one is closest, but slightly longer and with a different type of thread. I'm assuming Ford would just redesign the style every now and then, but ultimately all would still fit?

They are easy to break if you over tighten them and it's easy to over tighten them when you've never seen how far they usually go in i.e. not all the way down!

Tom B said:
Be careful when screwing them in, i snapped two because i didnt make the hole in the carpet big enough and tightened them abit much :lol:

I already had the holes think Koshka must've had pretty mats at some point. Gave my mum the two extra I bought as I noticed that she didn't have any clips for hers, she hasn't got the holes though :lol:

sorry been busy the clips are neither they are 25mm head

exactly the same as the under bonnet padding ones

Back