Mondeo Throttle Body

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenn_ said:
I fitted my mondy throttle body the other day.It seems to go better.It sounds to me as if there is more induction noise too.

I will do a thread on fitting it when I have more time.The throttle linkage wasn't a straight forward swap.I had to bore the hole out for it to fit.
How much bigger throttle body changed the fuel economy? Any numbers? Does the car feel like it would go faster or anything?

'Feels' sharper is all you get, on a standard engine if you take the play out the throttle cable it matches the feel of a larger throttle body, but my Puma engine ran awful with a 58mm, which was fitted on the LMS manifold I purchased.

Fuelling was everywhere and drive-ability out the window. The amount of air the engine needs is dictated by the cams, head, capacity, compression ratio, if the standard diameter flows enough air for 150bhp it's not restricting anything and the effects you feel are placebo because of the induction noise change. Only when you increase the engines ability to breathe, i.e cams, headwork will it make a difference at a certain power output.

JiiHu said:
Glenn_ said:
I fitted my mondy throttle body the other day.It seems to go better.It sounds to me as if there is more induction noise too.

I will do a thread on fitting it when I have more time.The throttle linkage wasn't a straight forward swap.I had to bore the hole out for it to fit.
How much bigger throttle body changed the fuel economy? Any numbers? Does the car feel like it would go faster or anything?

It does feel nippier.I had to bore the inlet manifold out too cause the tb is a bigger bore.

Latest posts

Back