Mondeo v6 brake upgrade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spedgaz

Right did a trial fit of these calipers and discs today all fit the problem ive encounted is that the mondeo disc needs to come forward a few mm so the disc fits in the middle of the caliper whats the best way to do this get a wheel spacer behind the disc or buy different discs?has anyone acually done this conversion and what have you done?

if spacers fit behind the discs what are the best ones to buy and what size?

Will st150 discs fit or cossie ones with no spacers and work with the v6 calipers?

thankyou once i can sort this spacers problem out i was gonna just buy standard discs with some red stuff pads but what do you guys think work best with the puma?

Also noticed when i took my wheel off on the front it was bent at the back
ive swapped it over and put it on the back now but will i need a new wheel ?

sorry to go on abit just want to get these brakes done now as mine feel spongy and useless cheers Gary

will need spacing, some people use washers, no idea on thickness sorry

not consdiered the mondeo 300mm upgrade? bolts straight on, see my sig

didnt really like the idea of using washers as the spacers would fit better but its if the spacers fit behind the discs.
want to keep on 15s so cant do the 300mm plus ive got the 280 stuff sitting here for free.

Need some help on this guys so if i buy st150 discs will they fit perfect without spacers with the mondeo calipers ?

the answer is no sorry misread your post you need ST150 calipers and disks .

With the 280mm mondeo v6 calipers and disks you need the 3mm spacers behind the brake disk to centre it in the middle of the caliper.

If you go with ST150 caliper and disks you don't need to add the 3mm spacer behind the disk as the disk sits centrally in the caliper

Ok thanks for the reply do you know if a 3mm wheel spacer will fit behind the disc and where the best place to but one from? cheers

You may need to get a spacer made up or machined, try puma build or pumaspeed give them a ring as the spacer needs to fit exactly behind the disc , which a 3mm wheel spacer doesn't.

I did the conversion about a month ago, ended up using some washers from work to space the disc out. Done about 1000 miles on the new brakes without any probs but I'm not happy about the disc just sitting on a few spacers so I've ordered some 3mm wheel spacers of ebay that I'm hoping I can get machined down at work. I shall let you know how I get on.

I used mondeo v6 discs btw. I have been told elsewhere that the st150 discs don't need spacing but I can't confirm this myself. I do know however that when I looked into st150 discs they were alot more expensive than the mondeo v6 discs.

Thats the problem ive got with the spacing dont really want to use washers and no one seems to make spacers that fit behind the disc also is this changing the offset? im thing the best option is to get st150 stuff as bolts straight on or the 300mm conversion which i dont want to do due to keeping 15s.

oh forgot were the v6 brakes a lot better how you getting on with them?

Yeah I'm not sure if this changes the offset because although obviously your pushing everything out 3mm I'm not sure how the offset of the v6 disc compares to the standard puma disc.

Now that the pads have bedded in the difference in stopping power is very noticable, my standard pads and discs were pretty knackered when I bought the car though. I feel a lot more confident driving the car now knowing that when I do hit the brakes hard I can stop in a shorter distance

Back