MOT failure

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.o.f

Hi all, my puma has just recently failed its mot for the following reasons:

Centre exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases.
Nearside rear (axel bush) suspension arm has excessive play in pin/bush.
Offside rear (axel bush) suspension arm has excessive play in pin/bush.
(large hole in centre box) emmisions not tested.
Offside front constant velocity joint gaiter split.

I got this done at kwik fit and they said the can fix the exhaust for £200, the cv gaiter for £50, but only ford can do the bushes as they need to be pressed in with a special machine which sounds like bs to me, is this true?
I was thinking of having a go at the exhaust and cv gaiter myself, but would i be able to do the rear axel bushes myself or is this too difficult? I dont have much experience with repairing cars would it be better taking it to a garage? I cant really afford to pay too much getting my puma fixed but i dont want to have to sell it :-(

Rubbish- the bushes can be done by any decent mechnic- You can do better then a kwik fit fitter

exhaust and CV joint are easy fix's the bushes aren't easy but do able

Guide on the bushes here. http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worst part is getting the old ones out, if you get genuine ford bushes they do really need pressed in (although not by Ford any decent garage), when I tried on a KA i landed taking the rear frame off completely and taking it to a mate to press them in they just wouldn't budge. The poly bushes are apparently an easier fit though.

stuey650 said:
Guide on the bushes here. http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worst part is getting the old ones out, if you get genuine ford bushes they do really need pressed in (although not by Ford any decent garage), when I tried on a KA i landed taking the rear frame off completely and taking it to a mate to press them in they just wouldn't budge. The poly bushes are apparently an easier fit though.
had my mate oxycet my old ones out.pig of a job without oxycet!

my puma had the rear suspension bushes changed by a local garage for £80. its just failed MOT too :( xx

Latest posts

Back