MOT success!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisjenkins

I finally got my Puma 1.7 through its MOT - it would never have happened without the heroes from Pumashacked. They had to do all sorts to get it through, from replacing gaskets and hoses to sorting out the emissions problem it had failed on in the first place. I also got new headlight rubbers from ArtfulHussy here. If I've learned anything from this epic ordeal, it's that your typical local MOT garage does not understand the Puma (and might not even have the right equipment to work on it), but that there are still some good souls in the world...!

Puma2.jpg

I finally got my Puma 1.7 through its MOT - it would never have happened without the heroes from Pumashacked. They had to do all sorts to get it through, from replacing gaskets and hoses to sorting out the emissions problem it had failed on in the first place. I also got new headlight rubbers from ArtfulHussy here. If I've learned anything from this epic ordeal, it's that your typical local MOT garage does not understand the Puma (and might not even have the right equipment to work on it), but that there are still some good souls in the world...!

View attachment 11653
Great to hear, even if it was a bit of a mission. Happy driving 😁

Well done.
Finding a decent MOT place is important, the one I use lets me have a good look under the car when its on the lift and tells me if there is something that's not MOT relevant that needs attention, like once I was told the nut on the lower alternator bolt had too thick a washer, so the nyloc nut wasn't fully on (not on a PUMA).

Back