Moving idle issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundy_zs

Hey guys,

A new puma engine user here, I recently put a puma engine in my fiesta mk5. The power feels good and it revs well, but at idle and pulling away from being stationary it seems a bit hesitant and I have to rev it little more than normal when letting out the clutch.

Furthermore, I noticed that when I start it up, the revs jump to about 1800-2000rpm, it then goes down to idle at about 1000 but the idle also moves between about 850 and 1000rpm doesn't seem to settle.

When the engine was out of the car I replaced the ICV, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifold and cam cover gaskets, also I reset the timing as it looked to be slightly out. The plugs looked normal with a tan colour. Apart from this idle issue it seems to pull really well and runs great in all other rev ranges, in over run, pulling hard, slowing down etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what could be causing this if it is a common issue, if not how could I go about solving it? It is very annoying as in all other aspects the engine is spot on.

(I can upload a video if it would help)

mine at start up jumps to 1800/2000 then to 1000 and when warm 850...
That seems the norm..

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor?? that might help with the idle issue..

Latest posts

Back