Air Con issues

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonio

It would appear I have a leak in the air con system. The air con has never worked in the time I've had it so I've began to look into whats going on.
I filled the system up with refrigerant and it visually or audibly didnt depressurise and then tried to run it, but no compressor kicked in. That was a month or so ago. When I measured the refrigerant today its empty = leak somewhere.
It appears as though there is no voltage going to the compressor. I pulled the plug and put a multimeter on it = 0 volts with engine running and air con switch set to green. I then put 12v directly to the compressor and the clutch is clicking on and off seemingly working.
The 20a fuse in the engine bay is fine. Ive tested all relays and they seem fine too.
If there was a leak (there is) would the compressor clutch even engage? As I understand it, the air con wouldnt engage if there was no refrigerant. But if I filled it up and there was a slow leak (as I did weeks ago) would it still not kick in?
Any ideas folks?

Back