My angry reply

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennymc

Thought you guys might enjoy this. I got one of these emails...

Dear Ben Mcnicholas,

We are looking for hard working, responsible and talented people to work with our Company. We have found your CV at jobsite.co.uk.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
• Salary: Will be paid in monthly installments of 1,500 pounds, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
• Eight percent commission.
• Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Health care and retirement plan
- Solid technology support
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick leave
• Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
• Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer expires in 1 week

Please review this offer of employment, if you have any queries about these please do not hesitate to contact contact us at [email protected].

Respectfully,
Richard Rose
HR department

I hate these bloody people and I got so pee'd off with it all the time so I replied.

With this - http://goo.gl/HNRME

I'll let you know if they get back to me :p

I understand this could be a tldnr...

I also get that I have too much time on my hands :D

Whilst amusing, the more sinister result of you biting back is that you've a) confirmed your real name and b) demonstrated that the email address the scammers have harvested for you is still active and being read.

If you have a user account on jobsite and use the same email address/password combination for other websites, I'd consider changing those passwords in case they've had a data breach.

If you use the same email address for Facebook, I'd also check your account is fully locked down. LinkedIn is another goldmine for identity theft information.

If the password you use for your email account is less than 8 characters, I'd consider changing that as well to as many characters long as you can remember to guard against a brute force attack on your email account. Add numbers, a mixture of upper and lower case letters and special characters to your password if you like, but 'bigfloppydonkeycock' is more secure than 'B3nny|\/|c' purely on the basis of it being longer as each added character makes it exponentially harder to crack.

Have a look at this site - awesome return scams, spent ages reading some of the scams returned,,,,

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/album.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evilrob said:
Whilst amusing, the more sinister result of you biting back is that you've a) confirmed your real name and b) demonstrated that the email address the scammers have harvested for you is still active and being read.

If you have a user account on jobsite and use the same email address/password combination for other websites, I'd consider changing those passwords in case they've had a data breach.

If you use the same email address for Facebook, I'd also check your account is fully locked down. LinkedIn is another goldmine for identity theft information.

If the password you use for your email account is less than 8 characters, I'd consider changing that as well to as many characters long as you can remember to guard against a brute force attack on your email account. Add numbers, a mixture of upper and lower case letters and special characters to your password if you like, but 'bigfloppydonkeycock' is more secure than 'B3nny|\/|c' purely on the basis of it being longer as each added character makes it exponentially harder to crack.

Bruteforce - now you're bringing back memories! Used to use Cain and Abel back in the day, I'll not mention what for :p

But I don't mind that they have my real name and my passwords are fine, but I will take my jobsite (and other profiles) down I think. Also the email address listed is on of many that I forward to my 'actual' email address so if one address becomes nuisance of spamtastic I can just remove it and make a new one.

Just get so p*ssed of sometimes y'know? snapped slightly and was probably a rubbish idea - felt good though :)

I had a feeling I might be preaching to the converted, but hopefully someone else will read the good password hygiene tips above and may trigger their memory to take action if/when the same happens to them.

Your e-mail forwarder - is that on your own domain? If so, I hope you've opted out of WHOIS or they've got your address as well now... :pinkeye:

I have a bunch of gmail/hotmail/yahoo variants that forward to a another email account ,sometimes to each other. End result is they all end up in one inbox and I check which address the nuisance emails are being sent to.

The reason I have so many is because there have been times I wanted peoples perception of me to change. For example, if I was promoting my dance music I'd use something like '[email protected]' or for something important it'd be '[email protected]', but set them all up to go to one place

the added security and convenience of binning unwanted spam came from that. I know it's not exactly air tight, but it's helped so far - just a little annoying to keep on top of at times, and remembering passwords.

Did you know you can use a + modifier suffix on your gmail account?

I use a different + modifier for any website I hand over my email address so I can see who's abusing my information.

So if I bought a pizza from domino's, the email address I would use is:

[email protected]

Or:

[email protected]
[email protected]

etc.

Then if you're tired of emails from a particular source you can just set up a filter to bin it straight away.

You know what I feel like I should know that, but don't... Or didn't :cool:

Nice! Thanks, I'll try it out.

What bugs me is since doing on line job searches through "reputable" job sites I have been inudated with junk/scams and the rest and my b****y email account has been hacked :evil:

Always keep a separate email for jobs, bonus is, they can't trace your embarrassing facebook pictures also :D

mix2000 said:
Always keep a separate email for jobs, bonus is, they can't trace your embarrassing facebook pictures also :D
Amen to that there sir!

Well blow me down... I got a reply.

Still clearly bollocks though.

Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank You for reply and interest, I'm sorry for using Gmail address, however, we are required to use Gmail every time we are contacting new people, due to SPAM problem we had recently. In this e-mail I have summarized some of the basic information about the offered position (title of the position, description of the title, starting date of the employment, company information, place of the position,etc.). Please read the information carefully and contact me directly so that I may offer any additional insights and direct information on applying.

X IT LTD offers a comprehensive approach and unified platform that helps IT organizations cut cost, reduce risk, and drive business profit. We understand that business thrives when IT runs smarter, faster, and stronger.

With over 100 employees worldwide, X IT LTD provides employees with career advancement opportunities, great benefits, and a comfortable work environment. At the moment we offer opportunity with a flexible work hours and possibility to work from home.

The position being offered is Financial Support Agent.

Job Requirements: F.S.A. must be goal-oriented, self-starting, have a phone and reliable Internet connection at home. During first month F.S.A. would be required to use new or existing regular (saving/checking) bank account, verified Business or Premium Pay Pal also could be used as a advantage.

Job Title: Enhances effectiveness by providing financial management support.

Financial Support Agent Duties: Monitoring an online Task Manager Account; Transferring company funds to the designated destination; Organizing all documentation for completed transfers. Working hours are from 9am to 2pm, Monday to Friday, some times overtimes may take place, for those hours You will get paid double. Base salary 1,500 GBP is paid at the end of probationary period, once employed on the regular basis, base salary 1,800 GBP is paid on the last business day of the month via wire transfer directly to your bank account. During the probationary period, you'd be considered as self-employed, you will be responsible for paying your own taxes and National Insurance contributions. Once employed on regular basis, you will have the option of maintaining the self employed status or becoming a regular employee of the company, where we would deduct taxes and NI contributions.

Please remember, good money are being paid for the great responsibility and dealing with money is always is!

Please Note: You don't have to invest money to get started, or on any point of the employment, all fees are paid by the company. Also, we take very seriously legal aspect of the position, therefore all payments will be coming directly from our clients, that registered in our system, every transaction will be followed by invoice with company seal, so you and your bank will know where the money are coming from and where they are going to.

Our clients are typically senior executives, usually with little time availability, who appreciate the value in being able to direct their funds to meet immediate result. Our clients are not drawn from any particular sector or function. We focus on each individual and what will be right for them moving forward. We support our clients in targeting and succeeding in the sector and function deemed to be best by them and us. X IT LTD clients quite rightly expect and demand an exemplary level of service.

For more information please visit our website:

http://www.xitltd.co.uk/job/finance2?lang=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xitltd.co.uk/job/finance/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone number listed below, also if you are ready to apply, let me know, so we can get started with registration process right away.

We appreciate your time and sincerely hope to see you in our team.

Best regards,

Richard Rose
HR Coordinator
X IT LTD
Phone: 018 6552 2238
Fax: 087 2352 7716
e-mail: [email protected]

Please note for enquiries relating to Adverts, Job Requisitions, Contracts, New Starters and References, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0113 314 4033 or [email protected]

Domain name:
xitltd.co.uk

Registrant:
Terrell Wells

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
4371 Granville St
Halifax
B3K 2Y6
Canada

Registrar:
InterNetworX Ltd. & Co. KG [Tag = INTERNETWORX-DE]
URL: http://www.domrobot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Mar-2013
Expiry date: 06-Mar-2014
Last updated: 06-Mar-2013

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.dnsworld.pl
ns2.dnsfree.pl
ns3.worldns.pl

WHOIS lookup made at 14:44:00 13-Mar-2013

Sounds like it's this scam http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=64326&p=154049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact if you look at http://www.xitltd.co.uk/company/manage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's the same faces as per my link above.

Back