My car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanrgb

Well thought I'd share my car with you ..as I don't actually own a Puma (My son does at the moment stay tuned on that one ) but I do own a Ford its a Cougar
I've done a few bits and bobs funds permitting ..I paid £700 for Christine (Yes I'm also sad because I named my car after that hateful thing in the Steven King novel) so far I have changed all the drop links , new brakes back and front ..new bumpers new rear shocks and a new clutch ..added fog lights and new switch so far

cougar007.jpg

cougar006.jpg

cougar005.jpg

cougar004.jpg

Looks like a good one.

When I first heard the Cougar was being launched I thought briefly about buying one (There was a waiting list for Puma then!) I didn't, and eventually imported a Puma from Belgium at a greatr saving - £3,000+ from memory

Any more plans for it? I feel the wheels do it no favours.

Easy Rider lol wasn't quite same as the steve mcqueen advert , they didn't quite capture the public imagination like the puma...... Don't see that many on the road see alot for sale......

Nice to see the negative comments flowing in.

Looks good, best colour too :D (I prefer its looks to the Pumas, or at least I did before I fell in love with the Puma and donned the rose-tinted specs!).

new_puma said:
Looks like a mondeo lol (No offence) :pose2:

What engine sizes do cougars come in? All i know of is 2.5? or something like that right?

Well technically you are correct and the correct term is ..''Its a Mondeo in a pretty frock '' :lol: :lol: :lol:
This one is the 2ltr zetec :grin:

HAHAHAHA I knew I was going to get a good ribbing on this :wink:
But my plan with this is to keep it as standard as possible with no Mods on it ..the only mod I have done is added a set of alpine speakers in the rear because one of the previous owners had a ICE system in the past and when I got the car the rear speakers sounded a bit too tiny for my liking so I went for a richer sounding set of speakers ..and as I'm getting on in my years 45 of them to be exact its nice to give the youngsters a lesson in music with the rubbish they listen too ..you should see their little faces when I have the Sex Pistols blaring out ..The confusion of the Stone Roses ..and the utter disbelief of Nirvana see in my day they knew how to make good music ..Oh sorry forgot to add I'm a grumpy old man :grin:

As a drivers car and compared to the puma, how is it and would you recommend it to a burgeoning old fart :D

mix2000 said:
As a drivers car and compared to the puma, how is it and would you recommend it to a burgeoning old fart :D

Ah right yes its a good car ..Go for the 2ltr ..but it drives like a mondeo ..The subframes are from the ST200 Mondy but change the drop links these always go ..Being old though the car is low and does give the younger generation a good laugh when you get out of them also having stiffer suspension it does tend to shake the old fillings in your teeth unless you where dentures they could fall out over bumpy roads :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks nice in blue :eek:k:

Probably a better motorway cruiser than a Puma. :thumbs:

jboy01 said:
Is this the nursing home thread? lol
Time move on oxygen thiefs :pose2:

See what I mean ..damn these youngsters with their youthful looks and their own hair and teeth ..you'll be old one day young man its downhill from 30 then you'll have the joys of getting up 2 times during the night to go for a wee :lol: :lol: :lol:
And on a side note just bought Avenged sevenfolds latest CD real music

Dal said:
Looks nice in blue :eek:k:

Probably a better motorway cruiser than a Puma. :thumbs:

I got on a run the otherday barking to Portsmouth then to FAA Yeovilton then to Bath then back to Barking it averaged 37.4 MPG , This included sitting in heavy traffic motorways A roads B roads and doing at one stage 90 trying to keep up with my Traffic officer mate ..so pretty good on a run

seanrgb said:
jboy01 said:
Is this the nursing home thread? lol
Time move on oxygen thiefs :pose2:

See what I mean ..damn these youngsters with their youthful looks and their own hair and teeth ..you'll be old one day young man its downhill from 30 then you'll have the joys of getting up 2 times during the night to go for a wee :lol: :lol: :lol:
And on a side note just bought Avenged sevenfolds latest CD real music

Ha ha only got 2 years left till i start ordering random shit from Qvc and piss people off shuffling round tesco, bloody coffin dodgers lol
like the motor by the way :eek:k:

I used to own a T plate 2.5 and was a very very good car really fast and for the size of it you could really chuck it around have to say the 2.5 with the X pack is the one to go for the 2 litre is a bit flat in my experience

if i didnt love my old bm this would be my choice of car i really like them if shed let me sell the puma i would defo get her one then go to work first so she has to use the bm

Back