My favourite/best pic of 2009

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

Going into a bit of a showoff mode here because I'd just like to share with you all a picture I took on Sunday at Santa Pod and I think it's my favourite one I've taken all year, and perhaps one of the best, if not the best one I've taken since I picked up a camera.

I was lucky to be able to get into the area behind the start line. I think they were being very lenient with the spectators with it being a very small RWYB type event.

Taken with the new A700 with my 70-200 lens @ 200mm and more or less sitting on the ground :)

Let me know what you think :)

4052893498_48061ccdd6_b_d.jpg

well I don't know about santa poo (they were saying how the D in the picture looked like another O) but santa pod is just down the road from Wellingborough in Northamptonshire :D

Thats a great pic paul, lucky to get to that position :) Liking the depth of field

I now know where Santa Pod is :)

Santa Pod is by a town called Poddington :D where the Peas come from :D :lol: ok.. that was bad i know lol.
But yes, just down the road from Wellingborough. Pod is an awesome place to go for a day out, especially in the show season :)

That is an awesome pic though. Well done matey!

Down at the bottom of the garden............... Among the birds and the bees.........!

I remember that one :D lol.

You wouldn't be standing there if one of the Firefox jet cars were running or when "Vanishing point" set the world record for the lowest elapsed time ever over the 1./4 mile :grin:

They cleared the area due to Jet / rocket blast.
July 7th/8th 1984 SPR. The Cannonball. Sammy Miller ran an amazing 3.583/386.26 in the Vanishing Point rocket funny car. This still stands today as the quickest 1/4 mile pass ever on a dragstrip anywhere in the world.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sowhatsitcalled/Sammy Miller worlds_fastest_cars.htm
Yes 0-100mph in less than 0.5 Second :grin:

:lol: to be honest I've been a similar distance away with fireforce running as I was almost back into the garages where they used to have the public standing area in the 'shed'. Not sure why they got rid of that spectator area as it was a really fun viewing point :(

They got rid of it due to Health and Saftey i believe. Standing behind all those cars and especially the Jet Car and all their emissions is bad for your health apparently.. considering it wasn't even that close!
The Jet Car part i can understand cuz of all the smoke etc, but didn't they close it at those points of the day anyway?

Latest posts

Back