My little run around project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good God - what is wrong with some people? I bloody hate it when cars are treated like mobile dustbins :evil:

Good on you for turning this one round though.

Neil said:
Good God - what is wrong with some people? I bloody hate it when cars are treated like mobile dustbins :evil:

People who do this don't deserve to own a car. I'm glad this Puma has been saved and cleaned up. Good job! :thumbs:

Right people i have had a change of plan as i have just bought another puma for £150 with a private plate in the same colour and spec but its a 2000 model with a lot less miles and better rear arches than mine so over the course of the year i plan to strip and clean the new one and re-bush it all round and a fresh coat of under seal new brake lines etc then make one good one out of the pair, so will keep you informed of what's going on.

Small update today, I finally started my N/S/R arch and luckily there is only a small patch of rust but i also have to repair the small section of the inner arch as well but I'm looking forward to it.

New update today i finally got my rear arches, and have stripped out the back of the puma to whats what.

I have just bought a mig welder so plan to get these done asap.
More updates soon :grin:

So today's effort saw me cutting a bit more off the n/s/r arch and make my plate and for me to learn to weld again as its been about 10 years since ive done any. Also treated some small rust spots in the arch.

I have no pics of the plate welded as it did not look pretty.

Now with a bit of filler its starting to look ok but still lots of refining to do with a stopper to fill in the pin holes and to shape the arch a bit more, I have put some primmer on as i have had enough today but hope to get this side finished on sunday.

sorry for the slow progress but work has been crazy but there has been some work done.

So the primer is done and hopefully get it sanded down in the next few days as for the colour i will let you have a guess.

A small update, i am just making up my pop up booth and hope to get some paint on the body by the weekend :grin:

Cheers mate i do love my workshop, and when this is painted i am going to give it an new coat of paint on the walls and also the floor as its looking a bit neglected.

The next couple of pics you can really see the blue and where the light is its purple.

Then a few of it outside and it looks like a dark blue.

Here are a few random pics.

And after all that im not happy with it so am in progress of rubbing the clear coat down flat and going to try again, there were a few bits which i missed and properly could of got away with it but i have done all this work on the arches i just wanted it right.
More updates when i can.

Latest posts

Back