My new car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
After being round these fora for a while, you see people agonising over what car to choose after having a Puma, standard or special edition. Trying to find that balance of sheer fun, performance and cost of ownership can be a hard decision once you've had a Puma for a while (the same one for 4 years in my case) I remember Rob (XIIVVX) mentioning once that he felt he had to go in a slightly different direction once he sold #0296 as nothing else seemed to come close. I think I've gone a similar way.

I spent weeks trawling though countless websites and publications reading up on all sorts of cars from Alfa Romeos to Volkswagons : We went to look at a few this last weekend from Leicester all the way up to Leeds. We then happened upon one not 5 minutes from Cherie's parents near Burton that ticked all the boxes.

It's a 2006 Mondeo ST TDCi 2.2L in Performance Blue. 54000 miles with Full Service History. It's standard spec list is huge but also has the optional lovely 8 way electronic adjusted Recaros as well as a double DIN Sat-Nav / Multimedia centre & rear parking distance sensors.

Stopped off on the way home for a drink and a few photos:

23062010889-1.jpg

23062010886-1.jpg

23062010892.jpg

23062010893.jpg

23062010894.jpg

On the way home:
23062010898.jpg

Standard power figures are 155PS with 266 lbft torque (295 lbft on overboost at full throttle) My first mod was to be a decat but it's already got one! So should make about 165PS / 315 lbft max at the moment. I'll eventually most likely be getting a >Roveron box< as well which should boost it up to about 180+ PS with 330+ lbft torque. And all the while getting 50-60mpg on trips to Scotland.

Get it to 1800rpm in 3rd and floor it and the world goes backwards at an alarming rate.

:D

Awesome car- theres a after market st225 fmic that fits these for a achivable 200bhp and nrigh on 400lbts of torque

cool,i actually had a look at 1 on saturday in bletchly while i was out,very nice spec at least you have stayed with ford,and dont put petrol init as that will be very expensive,at the least a new fuel pump,injectors,i know as a mate of mine did that and it was a car that wasnt lent to him :shock:

Really nice, definately considered one of these myself, still miss my '01 2.5.

Take it you know about the 2 stage unlocking, and how to program, also the auto locking?

The manual is a bit of bedtime reading for tonight! :lol:

Yup Flash, been reading up on all that. It's all in the manual too which is helpful for a forgetful old fart like me :lol:

Sweet, had a 'basic' 130 one a fair while back and was very suprised how quick they were for an oil burner compared to the typical smoky diesel's of the time that I'd driven before so your's with c155+ will be....nice! ;)

It's the torque that really excite's. And there was me looking at an RX8 on Monday....i.e. no torque....lol

You will notice though that it takes a lot longer to wash a Mondeo, plus those wheels will be time consuming!

Has it got bulbs in the footwell lamps? Holders will definately be there, but I can't recall if the ST TDCi had bulbs (501's) in them. Rear interior lamp is also a very easy mod if not fitted.

Yup Flash, got working lights in the footwells as it's a face lift (post 2005) model. It's got rear interior lamps as well. One mod I might do it parallel up the from footwell lamps to give rear passengers the same. I know all about multispoke cleaning remember! should have got one with the 5 spoke alloys but they don't suit the car as well. These ones have only been professionally refurbished recently so are spotless.

I followed Cherie all the way home last night so was pootling Matt. Until I gave it a bit of a boot and went past her like a flippin rocket. Goes round bends pretty well too on it's 18s.

:D

IIRC easiest place to put rear footwell lamps is at the sides of the centre console. I was going to have a go, but never got around to it. Sod's law but I chucked away a Mk3 Mondeo centre console just a month or so ago!

Looking very nice indeed Dal! The wheels are flippin' gorgeous and the interior's not too bad either :)

Must be nice to have the combination of mpg AND power ;)

Now that car looks lovely!

Always had a fond spot for fast Mondeos, they look so planted on the road, quick but spacious to.
The blue is a good choice, love the alloys. Fab fun engine torquey and grunty! ;-) Enjoy!

Back