My new project - FRP 260

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're right about the blue conversion! I think i'm going to have to consider that.

Part of the reason i went with the black over the silver is cause i was going to have to respray the cd surround and perversely it seemed easier just to get it flocked! ha.

Get in touch if you need more info. It'd be good to meet at a meet or show or something!

Looking very nice mate! Glad to see you are not scared of making the car look different!

Are you going to the 2 year anniversary meet so we can see it in the flesh?! :D:D:D

PumaJay said:
Great project, can i ask where you got your steering wheel boss kit from??

I bought this puppy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Puma-Airbag-Steering-Wheel-Boss-kit-1373_W0QQitemZ360186395376QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53dcc83af0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth be told the build quality is reasonably, not brilliant. But it isn't particularly expensive!

Cheers for the comments :)

fitzy88 said:
PumaJay said:
Great project, can i ask where you got your steering wheel boss kit from??

I bought this puppy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Puma-Airbag-Steering-Wheel-Boss-kit-1373_W0QQitemZ360186395376QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53dcc83af0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth be told the build quality is reasonably, not brilliant. But it isn't particularly expensive!

Cheers for the comments :)

Just had the car out for the first time with the new wheel on. The wheel is dinky, which is cool.
But, its 30 degrees from centre and no combo of messing around will straighten it! So, if you've got a sparco wheel, this isn't the boss for you!!

Can anyone suggest a solution? I've heard that the momo one is good...

Hi guys,

Just a wee update.

My steering wheel is on, albeit still 30 degrees from centre and without horn. The airbag warning light is, however, off.

I had to do a wee mod to the wheel though.

The tools of the trade:

100_0513.jpg

Before:

100_0509.jpg

After:

100_0520.jpg

Pics ain’t the best, and it’s a pretty anal wee mod – but the devil is in the detail! :-D

Euan

I love little mods like that, the ones people probably wont notice. Overall id give you car a big thumbs up, you own a very rare car but yours is a lot rarer than others :eek:k:

I knew I had seen a flocked puma somewhere!

awesome work!

I have opted for the full dash flocking aswell and will be using your photos if thats ok.

is the door cards the same as early pumas, just with the alcantara inserted? How is it inserted? If i got this done i would want to be able to change it back to standard pretty easy. So have too sets of door cards etc that i could just put the alcantara back on so its standard again

thanks

Yes the door cards are the same as early pumas. The only irritation you may face is that they are plastic rivets which attach the insert to the door so you'd need another way to re-attach the inserts.

ah rite, originally i was thinking if i was going to do this id have to buy another set of frp door cards, however standard puma items would be far cheaper then just change the alcantara inserts

congrads too you m8 ...... kepp it on the road as long as posible :twisted: :wink:

boospuma said:
congrads too you m8 ...... kepp it on the road as long as posible :twisted: :wink:

i do i do ... :oops:

full vibratechnics + full Powerflex ... :twisted:
R888 :twisted:

I am looking for a company in France to restore the interior parts that damaged ... :cry:

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to do a good job!

Congratulations on the ownership!

Back