My Puma 1.7, more than a year on (A works in progress)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tuonokid said:
[post]353758[/post] Cheers Ben. Maybe the previous member of this millennium will be on here and fill us in as to why because I haven't a clue as well :)

The metal seat back is a doddle to get off Barry, I'll get one next time I go over to Ian's and then you don't have to faf welding thin steel and painting it. Still got some dye left to make them grey too if you want!

Oh, or buy a really rubbish thunder interior for peanuts, bin the front seats and keep the door cards and back seats. That's what I did

Hi James
Thanks for that, when you have the time I wouldn't mind popping over to yours to have a look at the FRP and also discuss what I can do with my "future" interior.
Barry

I have taken note and will attempt this before ford fair (hopefully)! Will still have the dam holes and mastic mess left in the bumper next to them..

Results are good though!

It'll be right with a bit of T-cut and elbow grease :)
No I just bought it as a parts car and it's already yielded the top hats for the Recaros I acquired from Tim. Also on the subject of Recaros I dropped off the drivers side back with Tony Archer today and he's going to replace inner and outer bolster panels (4 of) for me for £80 so well chuffed with that.
Barry

150720162799_zpsbgkszwkp by barry wilson, on Flickr

I managed to scrounge most of the bits missing from my Recaro conversion from James (XAF), cheers James :) Above is the blanked off recliner panel which I have to repair the fixing spigots on. Never tried it before but I'm going to use extra strong, slow setting araldite with fibreglass tissue

150720162802_zpsydtnwmnt by barry wilson, on Flickr

My scrap car yielded the top hats (one for each seat) for the seat runners.

150720162801_zpsr1ozcfbg by barry wilson, on Flickr

Another seat back for the much drilled rear seat Recaro back.

150720162800_zps5a2r2jte by barry wilson, on Flickr

And one of the seat runner covers but in blue rather than black so I need two black cover or one blue one if black ones don't exist. The smaller black plastic item is the top hat/seat runner cover of which two are needed and James supplied those again.
Just over a week ago James also told me there were some Thunder doorcards for sale on FB so Andrew contacted the guy (Russell) and we went over to Barnsley and collected them.

080720162796_zpsvlg56lxw by barry wilson, on Flickr

This is my standard interior

080720162797_zpsqjvoyq1r by barry wilson, on Flickr

This is with the thunder doorcards, mmmm less of a shopping trolley now :)

090720162798_zpskyv7uvxm by barry wilson, on Flickr

I didn't notice until I'd got the rear cards in but the boot light fixing was broken so came up with this.

The knackered seat bolster of the drivers Recaro is now with Tony Archer in Huddersfield and he's quoted me £80 for replacing all four bolster panels which I'm well happy with. I'm also just about to order a leather re-colouring kit from furnitureclinic so if it all turns out well I should have a nice charcoal leather interior :)

I need thunder door cards also!

Currently have a black/grey dash but every bring else is the blue millenium colour. Be interested to see how the re-colour turns out Barry.

Hi Ben
Ask James (XAF) for photos, he may have been the first to do this and furniture clinic has a code for the colour conversion now thanks to James it's DS3918 Charcoal. Also if you're interested I can bring all the silvertop sump setup apart from spacers to Fordfair and it's yours for £20. I have one more spare for my Westy so I can let this one go.
Barry

Hi Ben
Ask James (XAF) for photos, he may have been the first to do this and furniture clinic has a code for the colour conversion now thanks to James it's DS3918 Charcoal. Also if you're interested I can bring all the silvertop sump setup apart from spacers to Fordfair and it's yours for £20. I have one more spare for my Westy so I can let this one go.
Barry

Latest posts

Back