My puma keeps eating cam cover gaskets !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starfire27

OK so my puma keeps leaking oil from the rocker cover.

The gasket was changed approx 7 months before I got the car but was leaking a bit when I picked it up. Then it was replaced when the cambelt was done, all well for a few months the started leaking again.

Then me and my dad changed it again 2 months ago making sure that the surfaces were 100% clean and sealed it with some very expensive sealant and I just noticed its leaking again :evil:

All I can think of is its either that pattern gaskets are pap or the cover itself is the culprit. What do you think?

Thanks

well i guess the only thing to do is either

a- Change the cam cover for another one (circa £20 from e-bay or scrapyards i think)

b- get a genuine gasket from ford.

You may have a slightly warped cam cover- though how that would of happened I have no idea?

Having had three pattern gaskets on so far I wont be trying another one. I guess I will put a ford gasket on and if it leaks again assume it must be a warped cover?

Cheers

i wonder if anyone else has there issues with patten rocker gasket's? Might help other owners if you put what brand the rocker gasket your fitting is- just so people can either avoid or advise if they have the same issue?

I cant remember the brands I am afraid, they were both different. Fitted the genuine ford item today and it fitted so much nicer than the pattern parts and it was only £5 more, fingers crossed this time :eek:k:

the 3rd party ones definatly don't seal as neatly as the ford supplied ones.... you seem to be trying really hard to make it tho..lol :lol:

There's someone in leicester selling the ford ones on ebay very cheap compared to the current retail price...

Back