My Supra Twin Turbo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HateEvent

1993 Mk.IV Toyota Supra JZA80 SZ-TT 5 Speed Manual

Spec:

Fully Rebuilt 2JZ-GTE 6K Miles Ago
RS-R* Cat Back Exhaust
2nd Decat
Envy 1.2 Restrictor Ring
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
NGK Iridium Grade 7 Plugs
Greddy 2 Row Front Mount Intercooler
Blitz BOV
HKS Fuel Cut Defender
Speed Limit Defender
Tein Coilovers
Rota GTR 18x8.5 (F) 18x9.5 (R)
Blitz Boost Gauge
Autogauge Volt, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure Gauges
TRD Gear Knob

The car is currently running 341.5bhp. When I get the first cat out it'll be sitting at 400bhp. :)

I'll save the boredom of speaking lots about it and go straight to the pictures...

As it was when I picked it up:

IMG_0829.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

A bit nicer after it's first clean and polish:

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

"Facelifted" the headlights:-

From this:

DSC00645.jpg

To this:

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

Sprayed the wheels black for a while:

IMG_0016.jpg

Got bored of that quickly so sprayed them Toyota 040 White to match the bodywork:

0b258f21.jpg

Fitted a Blitz Boost Gauge (love how it looks like it was meant to be there all along (replaced the clock)):

7665010d.jpg

My favourite bit:

c7a02d52.jpg

As it stands now (police had an issue with me running import plates):

34497_505470005293_339200132_178842_4897872_n.jpg

Comments welcomed :)

James

Very nice- loving the white on white

Really can feel the appeal of one of these- but im picky and would want the ukdm 77 6 speed Maunel one

UKDM has more bhp- 320+ as standard compard to the jdm one being capped at 280bhp

Scotty1.7 said:
UKDM has more bhp- 320+ as standard compard to the jdm one being capped at 280bhp

I'm glad you said that as it is a very common misconception.

Because the JDM models aren't capped to 280.

They are marketed as such but EVERY Twin Turbo import model runs the same 326bhp as a UK spec model.

The only main under bonnet difference is that UK models use steel bladed turbos compared to JDM ceramic turbos (CT20s). It just gives a different spool and slight different delivery. No difference in power output in the slightest though :cool:

The only differences with the UK and JDM spec are that all UK specs came with factory leather interior, cruise control, headlamp washers, active front spoiler, 4 pot front brakes, 2 pot rear brakes, traction control, LSD, a bonnet scoop, diff cooler, 550cc injectors (compared to J-Spec 440cc), larger fuel pump, softer suspension, glass headlights, heated seats and an outside temperature readout.

:)

So the UK spec is stil the one to get with that kit list

Cheers for the advice though

Almost all of the things listed are optional on the JDM models though is the other thing I guess :)

UK specs are still coming in huuuuuuuuuugely more than the imports as far as purchase costs go. Import every time for me! They made them up til 2002 as well, with the UKs ending in 96. I'll get a newer Supra some day! :)

Looks nice.
Supra's quite extensive weapons. Still shock a lot of more modern cars.
And such extensive tuning options... :)

I find a lot of similar styling cues between the puma and supra, overall profile, rear quarterlight, fully faired in light enclosures, high waisted rear bumper.
Its like the puma is a mini supra, only without rear wheel drive :cry: (oh and a 3.0)

awesome cars, i see people points about jdm/uk issue, but to be fair the jdm models are mapped to run higher octane fuel as japan cars run on 110 octane. They are also limited to 112 mph (although this can be easily sorted) most people go for the jdm models though purely because of the fact that its an import and considered more original.

mix2000 said:
I find a lot of similar styling cues between the puma and supra, overall profile, rear quarterlight, fully faired in light enclosures, high waisted rear bumper.
Its like the puma is a mini supra, only without rear wheel drive :cry: (oh and a 3.0)

That's the main reason why my Puma project is to create a 'baby Supra'

Latest posts

Back