Need help - steering column switch problem!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vladep

Hi everybody, I have Ford Puma 1.7 1998. I had a problem with my steering column switch, my turn signals was not working. I bought a spare one, but in good condition. When I connected the column, my wipers started and they were working all the time, I wasn't able to stop them. When I tried to spray water, circuit short did happen and fuse blown :roll:

What I noticed is that on the new one (number 1 green circle) one connector is missing, there are total 5 connectors. Mine (number 2 red circle) has six conectors. Please take a look at the image: https://ibb.co/TMQt3J1

Can anyone help me how to solve the issue?

You got the wiper stalk from later model with digital instrument cluster. You obviously need an earlier version of it.

On sidenote: no need for duplicating posts in different sections of the site...

Thank you WIId E. Coyote, what about cutting and soldering the wires in the socket?

Ok, thank you. Long time ago, I was searching for wiring diagram I without success to find it. Do you maybe know, where can I find complete wiring diagram for this 1997 model?

Back