Need some spare hands fitting a Interior this weekend

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty1.7

Hey all I have a new interior to go into the Puma

Anyone able to spare some time to help me fit it this weekend

It's not hard, I fitted one for VickyDink in the rain on a car park in less than half an hour! (Remember Patch?) About 6 bolts for each front seat and a few for the back if I remember right.

I remember :D.

If your just changing the seats Scotty, like spike said only 6 bolts. But if its the whole interior then that a different matter

I'm sure you could do it Scotty, it's not difficult.

Have a read of this post when I replaced most of the interior with a leather replacement:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why! why! why!.....couldnt you wait until im moved up there...!!!!

lol

its quite easy.

door cards etc; pull gently!

piece of piss matey. just take things slowly and if you have to force it your doing it wrong. but a controlled tug works on the clips.

That reminds me, I have a bolt missing off my passenger seat lower frame, forgot all about it. Any idea what size it is guys as it's going on my to do list but a size would be nice so I can source one ;)

Ok...seen that linky by Dal. 10mm - any idea how long though?

Oh and Dal, how do you get the plastic covers off next to the seat base and door frame???. I tugged like mad on one of these and the bugger wouldn't come off so I was afraid it was fixed. Cheers ;)

Yip I can take the bolts out of the seats in the old puma if you want them?

It is everything door cards front and rear and seats all round.

I don't mind taking my time with it. I need to order some new clips for the doors any way as I think some of mine are fubard

Jacko I would wait- Whats your eta to arrive in the northen warzone

Patch said:
Yip I can take the bolts out of the seats in the old puma if you want them?

That would be good but your a little far from me....lol. Thanks for the offer, think I'll have to pull one out and measure it then get a new one. There's a nut/bolt stockist just round the corner and so should only be pennies.

er about 6 months mate!!!! unless its school hols in which case i will be around in a limited capacity!

Guy's I'm doing this weekend, I have had a look at the few guides and would really appreciate some spare hands to help out.

I also have to swap over the seat belt pretensioners as well, which is scaring the life out of me.

Cheers dude- Its up at my dads in Ramsbottom- Want to mee us there is nearer your for you then?

Latest posts

Back