NEW Fiesta 1.7 swapped from Spain

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumaswapedmk5

Hi guys,
My name is Fran and this is my puma swapped fiesta. I hoppe you like it:
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.22.53.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.22.53 (3).jpeg
The mod list is:
  • FRP airbox mod
  • Oil cooler
  • DIY 3d printed fog light duct with 3 inch piping

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.28.34.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.28.43.jpeg
  • Full stripped interior
  • DIY abs door cards

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.50.39.jpeg
  • Koni coilovers with custom springs
  • ST 150 front brakes
  • Focus rear brake disc conversion
  • Rear roll cage
  • OMP racing seats
The car was buyed with the swap, brakes and suspension done. The engine has good compression but not good power (the maf is reading 84 g/s max aprox 105 hp). After changing the mayor fluids im gona try with the spark plug, coil and leads. The old ones are in very bad condition. The next problem to sort is a notable oil leak, I will start with the rocker cover gasket and probably follow with reseal the oil pan.

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.37.51.jpeg

My fears are the crankshaft and the camshaft seals because the timming belt has some oil. When I sorted this problems I would like to fit FRP replica exhaust manifold with sport cat (in possesion right now) and maybe camshaft and FRP remap (open to suggestions).
This is all, I´m open to questions and advises and I´m very happy to meet you 😁
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.22.53 (3).jpeg

Hi guys,
View attachment 12881
View attachment 12883
The mod list is:
  • FRP airbox mod
  • Oil cooler
  • DIY 3d printed fog light duct with 3 inch piping

View attachment 12886View attachment 12887
  • Full stripped interior
  • DIY abs door cards

View attachment 12889
  • Koni coilovers with custom springs
  • ST 150 front brakes
  • Focus rear brake disc conversion
  • Rear roll cage
  • OMP racing seats
The car was buyed with the swap, brakes and suspension done. The engine has good compression but not good power (the maf is reading 84 g/s max aprox 105 hp). After changing the mayor fluids im gona try with the spark plug, coil and leads. The old ones are in very bad condition. The next problem to sort is a notable oil leak, I will start with the rocker cover gasket and probably follow with reseal the oil pan.

View attachment 12888

My fears are the crankshaft and the camshaft seals because the timming belt has some oil. When I sorted this problems I would like to fit FRP replica exhaust manifold with sport cat (in possesion right now) and maybe camshaft and FRP remap (open to suggestions).
This is all, I´m open to questions and advises and I´m very happy to meet you 😁
View attachment 12883

Very nice, regarding the oil leaks, there can be many, both of my Puma's were leaking from the crankshaft oil seal, the sump sealant and the cam cover gasket. Obviously oil leaking onto the cambelt is not good.

Very nice, regarding the oil leaks, there can be many, both of my Puma's were leaking from the crankshaft oil seal, the sump sealant and the cam cover gasket. Obviously oil leaking onto the cambelt is not good.
Thank you, our little engines have tears of joy and oil 😅 Yep when I have the ingnition and power problems sorted I will make the timming belt change. I am looking for some FRP oem spec camshaft to fit in the process. I think the piper BP270 will be so close to the OEM ones. The PumaSpeed has better price but no info about the specs...

Nice looking car, I bet that is quite rare in Spain.
I also have a fiesta with a puma 1.7 engine but in red.

Nice looking car, I bet that is quite rare in Spain.
I also have a fiesta with a puma 1.7 engine but in red.
Yep in Spain the ford puma isn't popular and I'm very pleased with that. It's a lot cheaper than other cars with the same specs. There are pics of your car?

Yep in Spain the ford puma isn't popular and I'm very pleased with that. It's a lot cheaper than other cars with the same specs. There are pics of your car?
In France, it's the same, not very common and the brand is not very popular

Hi guys,
The engine has good compression but not good power (the maf is reading 84 g/s max aprox 105 hp).
Clean MAF with some carburettor cleaner. The wire has to be silver shiney, I bet your is brown and full of burnt oil deposits. Be careful, DO NOT touch the wire in MAF, just clean it by spraying. And then try the car, you will be much happier person:cool:

Clean MAF with some carburettor cleaner. The wire has to be silver shiney, I bet your is brown and full of burnt oil deposits. Be careful, DO NOT touch the wire in MAF, just clean it by spraying. And then try the car, you will be much happier person:cool:
Already cleaned a few weeks ago with luqui molly maf cleaner. I think the MAF is diying collote IS DIYING! 😭 I only want the 850 rpm idle MAF value to let it go in peace 🤣

Ah I was hoping you had found an easier way 😭
Sorry I think the previous owner did the same that is posted in the thread 😅. Its not that good. I have pretty good brake force but with the same pads and the rear empty I lock the rear wheels pretty easy in wet (this is how i discover that the rear abs system works 🤣). I couldn't try the drums but i think the stop power would be the same but with less pedal feeling

Back