new horn

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

My old horn died so i bought a new one (aftermarket).

The new horn has two spade connectors on it as opposed to the old Ford OEM one.

I have had to relocate the new horn as it interfered with the cold air feed hose - but the new horn has no sound.

Do I have to send power to both spades or do I have power one spade and earth the other?

Also does it matter what type of bolt attaches the horn to the body (I have used a stainless steel bolt, washers and nuts)?

Hi Ash
One's an earth and one's live and the type of bolt doesn't matter. If you have a look at the original horn bracket there is a stop on it. If you grind the stop off you can rotate the bracket forward so the horn doesn't foul the cold air feed.
Barry

The bolt on the old horn is an earth so to get the new one to work make up a small piece of wire with a female spade connector crimped on one end and a ring crimped on the other.
Put the space on to the earth/negative of the horn, put the ring over the bolt before you bolt it back on making sure the paint is cleaned away from around the hole to give a good connection.

Just run an earth wire from somewhere in engine bay.

I fitted an air horn so just took feed from horn to relay, and then inline fuse and wired to battery.

turned out the new horn that I bought from Mr Auto was knackered. Thats what you get for paying a £5 for it.

So, I bought a Ring horn and earthed it to the body and wired the power in. Works perfectly.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back