new in my frp this week...focus clutch, quaife diff....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

highly recommend the focus 1.8 clutch for the frp....so much tougher...altho its still early days.

loads of bite & i can actually spin my 8 inch compos......!

no heavier to press down either

quaife diff is now in a rebuilt frp box & that is making roundabouts fun again!

looking forward to the next meet, might even go for a spin in the peaks 2mrw just for the drive....

jacko said:
highly recommend the focus 1.8 clutch for the frp....so much tougher...altho its still early days.

loads of bite & i can actually spin my 8 inch compos......!

Clutches don't increase the power or torque of your engine <_<

If your standard Puma clutch couldn't spin the wheels in the same way then it must have been oil contaminated/slipping.

A clutch that releases suddenly isn't better for road use, it just means you're more likely to stall it when manouvering.

jacko said:
i can actually spin my 8 inch compos......!

quaife diff is now in a rebuilt frp box & that is making roundabouts fun again!

I thought a quaiffe dif was supposed to prevent wheelspin... :p

yes bok....my clutch was fooooooked! could barely pull off! it also rattled like a piggy bank when i took it out....ps i didnt spec or fit it!!!!

quaife will send power to whichever wheel needs it...so you can wheelspin one wheel but only for a split second (about 5 dgrees rotation i reckon on gravel) until it sends power to the other one....

unless you 'boot it'!!!!!!! which locks both wheels into a spin until one finds some grip & then your off...like a scolded cat!

so now i can make use of my power!!!!!!

ps not to be confused with a typical lsd....which has a clutch inside...and works by not letting one wheel spin too much.....when it does it sends a bit of power to the other wheel but doesnt stop the first spinning....very cool for chavs, useless otherwise.....

bok; il let you drive the new clutch....its oem & lovely. sarahs 106 is jerkier...!

balls bugger ar$e!

managed to dislodge a drive shaft seal today.....that could have put sat right off....

went to peak district for a 'shakedown' session. get 5 miles from home & im leaking! i cant technically drive it or have it towed; both will wreck bearings if they run dry (gearbox out & rebuild!!!!), not waiting for a recovery truck....er

sod it; drove 'gently'....& got home before anything started whining.

drive shaft seal hadnt sat properly....2 hour job max....er....ran out of spare seals and oil....balls!!! nicked sarahs car to go shopping....car up, swear at drive shaft, cut arm, leg, mash finger.....new seal in.....been round the block....sorted. keeping fingers crossed for sat.

really hate seating drive shaft seals....it basically boils down to a good guess! then put shaft in & check....easy enough; its getting the sods back out to adjust it tho....!!!!!

It's a bloody good job you know what your doing!

Fingers crossed it'll be ok now!

Sounds like you've got a Quaife ATB...great for white knuckles but very effective.

Back