New member saying a quick hello.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaboost

Hello from West Yorkshire!

I bought a Puma in May 2008, a '97 in green, fairly low miles and the previous owner considered it a member of the family. Unfortunately not enough to treat the rusty bits but it was looked after.

I wasn't aware of this forum until recently but thought I'd sign up tonight, you can never have too much info :)

The Puma was intended to be a daily driver to keep my other car for "best", the reality is that it's been so much fun that I've hardly driven my other car since and my other half has bought a Puma of her own (which is nicer than mine). The little green machine never fails to induce a smile, even on mundane journeys.

I've done a few bits to it since buying, later front brakes with braided hoses, HIDs, Piper exhaust when the OEM one fell off, Yokohama Parada tyres, head unit swap, later interior to give me a little bit more clearance under the steering wheel and a few other small bits and bobs. Basically when something breaks or wears out I try and replace it with something that makes me smile a little bit more.

Quick pic from a rare sunny day when it was looking it's best...

P1110653.jpg

The main task outstanding at the moment is the usual rusty arches thing, otherwise it's just TLC and a bit of touching up here and there to try and make it last as long as possible.

Anyway enough wittering on, time to do some more reading :)

The green does look unique when it's polished up like that!

Welcome along :eek:k:

Thanks for the warm welcome folks :grin:

FlashBastd said:
Welcome! Looks really good in that pic!

"Slightly" cleaner than when you saw it last weekend, hopefully it'll be back like this once the arches are sorted and I get chance to give it another good cleaning session.

nippydee said:
How are you finding the Yoko's on it?
Nippy x

Loving them, they replaced P6000s which I found awful in the wet but OK in the dry, the Yokos are better in both situations, cornering speeds are up, oversteer reduced and they even seemed OK in the snow recently. I expected scary wet performance but I've been really pleased so far.

Back