New owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSea7

Hi all, got a Puma Millennium as a project from a mate, then my vectra DTI workhorse died so I'm having to run the puma as my daily. Great little car if a bit small in headroom (and I'm only 5'9 lol) and the damn rearview mirror keeps falling off....grrrrr.

Anyway, nice to meet you all (eventually)

cheers mate, heres a snap - blacked out the wheels, put a sunstrip on and gutted the interior (front seats are covered in paint, burns and stains so have to go)

IMG-20130727-00240.jpg~original

ok, I got the details off the MID: Vehicle Make/Model: FORD PUMA MILLENNIUM COUPE

I am new to the model so can you tell what it is then? and what are the differences? I did note the wiki said the Millie only came in 2 colours and none of them black...?

Definitely not a Millie dude.. possibly a Puma Black edition but you could only recognise from the exterior by the wheels.. and thats got aftermarket wheels on :)

Reecey is selling a >Full Leather Interior< from his Thunder if you're interested in replacing yours

OK guys, did the lookup and got this:

Primary Features
Build Date: 25.10.1999
Vehicle Line Puma 1997-2001
Body Style: 3 Door Coupe
Version: Series 10
Engine: Zetec 1.7 EFI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: EEC 96 Car (EEC 1)
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)
Interior Colour: Alchemy Interior
Interior Fabric: Chrome/Twill

So its just a plain one then? Not that means much as apart from the Racing it seems all options are cosmetic only :roll:

Here's a swatch at some more of it and a plate that says PUMA-R on the slam panel:

IMG-20130730-00262.jpg

And what is this box for?

IMG-20130730-00261.jpg

IMG-20130730-00259.jpg

IMG-20130730-00254.jpg

IMG-20130728-00248.jpg

IMG-20130728-00247.jpg

IMG-20130728-00246.jpg

IMG-20130728-00244.jpg

The Puma-R refers to "Right hand drive"

And the box under the bonnet does nothing.. supposed to make the car sound better or something.. you'll find most people remove them :lol:

EDIT: Martin... JINX!!! :lol:

All looks pretty bog standard other than the wheels.

Looks like the 'option' you've got there is a heated windscreen..... Unless that switch on the dash does nothing....

hahaha ok, yes it has heated windscreen, ac, electric windows and mirrors, abs & tcs and only one switch blank.

What i meant was, unless you have a Racing puma, all other editions are merely paint and trim differences. So they're all "ordinary" compared to the Racing one.

I knew mine wasnt one of them cos its 125bhp and the Racing is obviously 150-odd so that never entered my mind but the MID database on the DVLA lists mine as a Millenium - not sure how that happened but I realised after looking at the wiki page that Millies only come in 2 colours and none of em are Panther black. No biggie - its only a name and a bit of paint & trim.

Now on to the fixing up!

The box under the bonnet is your baguette warmer, the car sounds much beefier with a cheese baguette stuffed in there
perversely beef baguettes make it sound like a morris minor :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

"Millies" ordinary? somebody severely berate that man :grin:

best model by far, nicer wheels, much nicer seats (ie comfortable) deffo the best colour :grin:

Be interested to know what other colour yellow you can get, have fun with the car anyway, great wee cars, just better in yellow

OOps apologies, on reading the wiki again yeah I see its only Zinc Yellow - what had caught my eye was the words "Alchemy Blue" but it had been referring to the interior.

Ok, now I've managed to offend most of the forum with my blasphemy (lol) can I ask, it says on my TIS page that the interior is Alchemy - so does this mean I should have the leather interior in that blue? Or does it refer to the grey cloth one I do have? Weird. I did wonder as the actual car dash and carpets are immaculate, but the front and back seats and the door cards are all burned with fags, stained, and have splatters and daubs of white paint everywhere. It occurred to me a previous owner may have taken it out for another car and put the ruined set in mine. It did lie unloved for a while before my mate bought it and spent a fortune on the engine, head gaskets, timing belt, water pump & bushes, arms, tyres etc etc.

Anyway its a wicked wee car so I'm gonna do it up a bit and see how we get on!

I did whip that box off, must have saved maybe 300g in weight.. <_< ..and it does sound very very quiet now. I feel a cone filter coming on.

Nah ya wont have offended anyone here lol Alchemy refers to the colour of the plastics not the seats

for mine it says achemy

fabric chrome twill

right of course. have to see if a local breaker has a leather interior, cos am in NE scotland and dont fancy the postage on that lads interior from engerland.

Back