Newbie... proud Puma owner :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liisu31

Hi! I have 1999, 1.7 nice dark blue Puma and very happy him :grin: Put Xenon lights as the original ones just couldn't see what so ever.
Only got one problem... When i want to put my heating on, then it only works when i put it on full power (4). My other half tried to open it and do what ever u have to but it didn't work :? Can anyone help me? Its really annoying and loud :-(

Hi - welcome along!

Sounds to me as though your heater resistor pack has blown if you can only get position 4 to work.

Have a look at this thread as you need to replace it:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's in the passenger footwell towards the centre. Shouldnt cost much from Ford for a new one. Make sure the wires to the connector are sound though and not burnt from the resistor blowing.

Hi Dal!
Thanks for your reply.
I'm gonna go to Ford tomorrow. So i just have to ask Heater resistor pack? Sry i'm blond when it comes to cars :?

Yeah, just describe to them that your heater only works in position 4 and you need a new 'Heater resistor' and I'm sure they'll know what you mean. It's not uncommon.

Should be a simple case of disconnecting the plug and unscrewing it from the bulkhead, refitting the plug on the new one and screwing it back in place.

:eek:k:

liisu31 said:
hi!
I don't know how to add them under my reply like u :( Put some up to my gallery...
If you click "PROFILE" at the top, and then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and put the gallery info in there for the photo such as

Code:
[albumimg]1408[/albumimg]

Which would put a little:

[albumimg]1408[/albumimg]

in your signature.

Or if you use photobucket, just place the IMG tagged link into the same place in your profile.

:eek:k:

oh cool! Got it now. Thanks Dal!
Went to Ford dealer today as well- gonna get the heater resistor tomorrow as they didn't have any in stock. :)))

:)) Love it as well. Seen loads of silver ones but only mine is blue, @ least in Exmouth and surrounding :p Looks even better after waxing :) Hard work on polishing but worth it!!!
I like ur rims (Y) Want something like that for mine as well...

Hi!
Got my heater resistor today and plugged it in. Seems like my old one was melted and burned... :-( No wonder my car hasn't got fire yet! But what I'd like to know is- even when i put the new one in and tried if its working like it supposed to- it went so damn hot within 20 sec. Is that normal? I mean i couldn't even touch it that's how hot it was :? Even just putting the heater to 1st, it went so hot.

You mean the new resistor? Yeah, it's supposed to get hot as it's resisting current and turning it into heat.

yeah that's what i mean :p
I just though as it gets hot so quickly- maybe this one gonna burn and melt as well then? Have to change it in couple of months again?

Back