newbie wanting help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First i think jou have checked wong. 250-300 volt is not possible by a 12 volt car system.
About your secon post. I'm up to 90% shure that the starter is ko. Sometime when you careful nocking on the starter it wil work for a last few times. And i think that it is contingency that the starter quit after the lakedrive :wink:

Where are you, starter could be shot, sometimes a tap with a bar and a hammer will get it back to life, also worth seeing if starts on jump leads.

2nd hand starter can be had for about £25 posted, possibly less.

morning guys thanks to every one who tried to help me with the starting problem took the starter of yesterday and had it tested and it was shot so it was either £40 to have it reconed or £65 for a new one so brought a new one fitted it this morning and bingo car now starts no problem

just need to get the pretensioner light to go out now any ideas on that one in assuming its under the seats

Hi Mark
You need to get the carpets and sound deadening out as the plugs for the pretensioner and the airbag controller could still be wet through. Give them a chance to dry out and see if the light goes out then.
Barry

I'm not shure if it is also by the Puma. But i had a car the same age as puma are at work. At this car it was a vw it was nessesary to delet the mistakes in the memory with a tester to reset the lamp.

I' m verry hapy that you found the right mistake whit the starter.

hi standley you maybe right has I did what I did when I done the head gaskets on my mustang I left the battery off and it cleared the codes I will try that first with the puma if that does not work I will have to get it looked at

ok guys more help needed lol seats and carpet are out and in the process of drying the floor and everything else out
the sound proofing has had it were can I get a replacement apart from ford or ebay

Do another post in wanted and put your location on it. If no one pops up near you you can always ask Ian G on here as he's a parts supplier. What's the bulkhead sound deadening like because I would imagine that's wet through as well?
Barry

re: soundproofing.

I had the dreaded leaky passenger footwell on my Puma. I ripped out all of the interior - seats, carpets, etc. The original soundproofing was trashed.

So I went for a bulk pack of Silent Coat bitumen soundproofing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silent-Coat-30-x-Tiles-187x265mm-Car-Sound-Deadening-Proofing-Pack-/272232736145?hash=item3f6255e591:g:jNgAAOSw1DtXKeO-

There was enough in the pack to soundproof the whole of the floor, over the rear seat base and the boot.

I then purchased a cut off of closed cell carpet underlay from a carpet shop to lay in both front and rear footwells, before I refitted the carpet.

Total cost £50 and 2 days work.

hi barry luckily the bulk is ok so ill pop a request on here see if anyone knows of one ill also check ebay but once again thanks for the help everyone has given me

Hi Mark
Sorry to bang on about this but did you check underneath the bulkhead soundproofing as underneath the grey rubbery stuff it's fibrous soundproofing and soaks up water more than a sponge. I would imagine that if the floor soundproofing got wet it would have crept quite some distance up the bulkhead as well and if it's left there will promote some serious rust.
Barry

re: tunokid - when I bought my Puma it had obviously had the water leak for a while and rightly said the fibrous material under the grey rubbery stuff was wet through.

I removed all of that and Hydrate 80'ed the whole of that area before soundproofing.

You can still buy that fibrous material - I did find a company that sells it to kitcar builders but it easier and more effective to soundproof the car with the bitumen stuff - it's just knowing when to stop. :grin:

thanks guys I will double check on the bulk head once we get a dry day has for the under carpet sound proof got one of ebay new old stock for £30

Latest posts

Back