Newbie!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-daisy

Hi... I have just bought my first Puma 1.4... and i love it! However ive just noticed small spots of oil on the drive and checks from the garage have revelaed gearbox oil is coming out of the breather pipe hole?? Any ides why?? Its not been overfilled as the level has been checked. Thanks!!

Just had a quick search on this site and there's an arrow on it and it should point to the front I believe. And make sure it's pushed down hard. :thumbs:

EDIT: The gearbox breather hole should have a black plastic cap/cover on it, which is what I'm referrring to that has the arrow on it.
Here is a picture of it from a members project thread - he also had it the wrong way round as it's pointing backwards.
6005715719_bb52d9b41d_b.jpg

Hi welcome, yeah it sounds like you breather is the wrong way round, you need to remove the battery and box and then the small metal bracket with 3 screws in it, this will reveal the breather shown above. Pull the whole thing out not just the top cap off and turn it so that the arrow is pointing to the front, as yip said. I had the same problem with my car. :eek:k:

yippeekiay said:
haha, I remembered it was you Slay so hope you don't mind me pinching your picture....lol. :eek:k:

No worries. Hope it helps others with this annoyingly common problem, scared to go for a service, in case they put god knows what upside down and back to front! think I will only stick with the list of garages on here if I need anything done beyond my ability :eek:k:

Thanks guys... I will take it back to the garage tomorrow and tell them this. It had a new clutch fitted not long ago by a halfords garage (before i bought the car) so maybe its something they did!
Apart from that i love my puma :) ... When does the cambelt etc need doing? Mines a w reg, 58k miles...
Anything else i should get checked or shall i get it serviced?

Ah right , that makes sense now then....

Hopefully thats the problem as its worrying me! I dont want my car being poorly shes so lovely!

Back