Not quite a FRP question but is really, why low on power?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike d92

Pretty much I have a FRP engine in my fiesta. Since purchasing everything I rebuilt it and it runs lovely, uses no oil but might be slightly on the tappy side?

Pretty much I've had it RR'd twice first time it was 130bhp.... which I thought wtf but ever since I got the map on it after running it in I always thought it wasn't right.

After having it RR'd I thought I best check the timing which for my own mistake was a tiny bit out (couldn't if locked the variable pulley over when tightened the gear)
After this it then produced 137bhp which I thought is better but not quite there....

Pretty much im sure the map that has apparently been put on my car is not a FRP seeming I've already took it back twice as the rev limit was wrong etc.
When I got it last dyno'd he said it was over fueling in random areas in which it kept flat spotting.

After seeing a couple of other FRP dyno's I can see clearly something is out as it all peaks in the wrong place etc etc.
Does anyone have a Genuine FRP map they could send me? Or even recommend me a place to get it put on properly.

But on the off chance it isn't the map what else could it be? Its a complete FRP so engine inlet exhaust manifold and even modified the airbox with a panel filter in so can't see it can be anything else?

Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks
Mike

Pumaspeed or pumabuild would be your best bet. Unles you stumble across a genuin frp ecu.

Good luck :)

Have you used the right cam locking tool?
Considering your around 20bhp down it can't be all to do with ecu,is it a genuine frp engine with both frp cams and inlet manifold,what exhaust system are you using?

I own a genuine FRP timing tool which cost me a small fortune -.- well the engine was a normal puma engine but I got my hands on genuine cams inlet manifold and exhaust manifold, the exhaust has pumabuild on it so is a copy and also a piper sports cat after that I use my normal exhaust.

I know what you mean by just being the ecu but I cant think what else it could be, I could start putting sensors on it for fun and see what happens but it gets expensive...

My bro inlaw is having the very same problem and we think he has not got a genuine FRP mapped ecu(although he did pay for one!)

I have a genuine FRP ecu which we are going to try over next few days and see if that helps with his power issue. I will let you know if the ecu resolves it.

Cheers

Ally

I am using Inlet number "9" which also cost me a small fortune... everything I believe is correct its just the mapping im wondering.

Back