oil filter warning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi anyone changing a oil filter beware i got one of ebay for my puma 1.7 fitted it took car for test drive oil light came on went home new filter had popped off so refitted it filled with oil started engine popped off straight away. so i got one from andrew page and it was fine, i sugest if you change the filter allow car to run for 10mins before driving it as this way could save a potentually good engine
:idea: :grin: :p :eek:k:
jason

whenever I do an oil/filter change I leave it ticking over for 10 minutes to check for leaks around the sump plug and filter before driving it. The biggest mistake I ever made was forgetting to refit the sump plug before putting the new oil in. That was 31 years ago though, never done it since !!

It would be useful for all 1.7 Puma owners, if you quoted the make and part number of the oil filter that you had problems with , so that we can all avoid purchasing it.

I got my new engine oil filter from euro car parts online just typed in the reg it was delivered within 2 days,mine was a bosch filter and it was the same size as the old one which made me feel at ease. :)

Re Dingwells 1985 post, I am aware that Bosch filters work fine; however you appear to have missed my point.
There are many suitable make filters out there , whether it be Bosch or otherwise. My point is that the oil filter that the original poster has experienced problems with should be stated/specified , so we can all avoid purchasing it and potentially destroying our engines !

DOH said:
[post]345441[/post] Re Dingwells 1985 post, I am aware that Bosch filters work fine; however you appear to have missed my point
Perhaps your point was pointing in the wrong direction? There are loads of inferior filters out there.

Instead, here's the right one - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=345312#p345312

£4.50 gets you the right FORD EFL 600 oil filter is all people have to know.

Most Ford parts departments still stock the correct Motorcraft/FoMoCo filter.
For an extra few quid I can't see the point in the hassle of ordering online and possibly getting the wrong one.

DOH said:
[post]345441[/post] I am aware that Bosch filters work fine; however you appear to have missed my point.
There are many suitable make filters out there , whether it be Bosch or otherwise . My point is that the oil filter that the original poster has experienced problems with should be stated/specified , so we can all avoid purchasing it and potentially destroying our engines

I also use the Bosch filters long time and I had no problem

Bosch, Fram, Knecht, Mann, Purflux, etc..are all good brand filters so should just do fine.

Back