Overheating ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstPuma

hi guys

yesterday i went for a drive with puma drivers.nl but at some point the needle of the temp.gauge went all the way in to the red. i instantly pulled over to check if something was wrong but could not define anything. i let it sit for 10 minutes with the bonnet open then moved on cause the temp gauge had dropped to normal. but after that when i put my foot down the needle went up en when i backed of the needle instantly went back to normal. also my heater only blows cold air.

at this moment i have no idea what it could be

Greets ruben
Black puma

Id suggest getting an OBD Bluetooth reader. plug it into the socket in the passenger side foot well and an app for your phone(torque is a good one) so you can see what the coolant temp is getting to. You may have a dodgy sender and the actual temp is fine...

As for as cold air only...Id say your heater control valve is shot...

As long as the temperature rises + simultaneously the heater does not work I would agree that the heater control valve is blocked.
The other two reasons would be the water pump or the thermostat but I think that in that case the heater would blow hot air.

Alex

Back