Paint

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200sxman

Hi, I have to do some repair work to my Puma and I am going to need colour matched aerosols to finish the job. I have a couple of questions.
1. Where do I find the body colour reference number on the car?
2. Can anyone recommend a good supplier of colour match aerosols other than Ford. The reason I don't want to use Ford is they only offer 150ml cans and I'm going to need at least 2x500ml cans and at Fords prices this will cost a fortune.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I think I've found the paint code is it the top one on the silver plate that is riveted to the bonnet striker plate. The reference I have is e13.95/54.0024 does that look right for a paint code?
I have entered this into the Paints 4u site and it does not recognise it.
red said:
You can find the paint code on the vin plate under the bonnet.

Err that doesn't look right, it should be a two digit code like L5 is a shade of Imperial Blue

If you look at http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/VinPlate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it'll show you where to find it.

Hi, Is your L5 reference on the last line of your vin plate if so mine says ECT does that make any sense?
I checked the vin number on the site you enclosed and the details come up correct but no paint reference.

red said:
Err that doesn't look right, it should be a two digit code like L5 is a shade of Imperial Blue

If you look at http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/VinPlate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it'll show you where to find it.

If you use the link 5 posts up, you can find your paint code.

For example MOONDUST SILVER is 61 and CUIRASS is J7

I tried that my car is a thunder in Magnum Grey and when you put grey in it does not recognise it.
YOG said:
If you use the link 5 posts up, you can find your paint code.

For example MOONDUST SILVER is 61 and CUIRASS is J7

FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [FOCUS] K 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [FUSION] K2 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [KA] G1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [KA] G 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY G2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY G1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY M2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY M1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY PNUMV 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] K1 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] M2 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] M 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] PNUMV 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [KA] M 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [KA] G2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [MONDEO] M 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [MONDEO] 2MWEWWA 2002 - METALLIC

Here's some shades of Magnum Grey
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_ford_europe_M-Z.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi, Thanks for your help. I think I have found it now, it is M2 the number quoted in the small box on the left hand side of the vin plate 2nd up from the bottom. This corresponds to the chart you produced for me.

red said:
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [FOCUS] K 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [FUSION] K2 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [KA] G1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY MET [KA] G 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY G2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY G1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY K2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY M2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY M1 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY PNUMV 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] K1 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] M2 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] M 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [FUSION] PNUMV 2003 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [KA] M 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [KA] G2 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [MONDEO] M 2002 - METALLIC
FORD EUROPE MAGNUM GREY [MONDEO] 2MWEWWA 2002 - METALLIC

Here's some shades of Magnum Grey
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_ford_europe_M-Z.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to bump an old post but im a bit stuck with this as well. Im aware the colour code for Magnum Grey is M2 and went to halfords to get a can made but they showed me the screen and listed all the variations of grey (and one green) that M2 brought up. They said I would need a more precise code to get a proper match.

Is there anything else on the car that will ID this or do I need to ring Ford?

MaxSparta said:
Sorry to bump an old post but im a bit stuck with this as well. Im aware the colour code for Magnum Grey is M2 and went to halfords to get a can made but they showed me the screen and listed all the variations of grey (and one green) that M2 brought up. They said I would need a more precise code to get a proper match.

Is there anything else on the car that will ID this or do I need to ring Ford?

You cannot determine the shade variation from the code itself. To do this, you would need colour chips from the paint manufacturer, who formulate variations of the colour. For example they used Magnum Grey on the Fiesta, the Focus, and the Puma Thunder, all made at different facilities, Ford use local suppliers for paint and you end up with variants of the same colour.

Latest posts

Back