Parcel Shelf String Anyone?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righteous Magpie

Hey guys,

So one of the strings for my parcel shelf has snapped at the loop, and now my parcel shelf keeps falling into the boot while driving. I looked online for another string but they cost £10 and even more from a ford dealership. Admittedly that's not a lot of money... but it is for a piece of string!

Does anybody know of anywhere I could get one cheaper or should I just go for the £10 one?

Cheers in advance!

Righteous Magpie said:
So one of the strings for my parcel shelf has snapped at the loop,
If it's that plastic loop at the end of the string that has snapped...then...put an old glove on, squeeze the loop and wave a cigarette lighter gently over the split, on both sides of it. The plastic will melt and the pressure by squeezing will cause the plastic to fuse together where it was split.

Done right, the fix is strong and undetectable and mine is still going strong from when I did mine.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that is helpful... but I've also noticedthat the string is too short on that side, which I think may have been why it snapped :roll: so I think the whole string may need replacing (sigh)

Yep, they are pretty expensive for what they are, I tend to grab them from a scrappy, but they do come in two lengths. Either way they are a silly design!

Latest posts

Back