Parcel shelf string fixings

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Guys, both of the fixing points for the parcel shelf strings in our puma have pulled out. Where can I get new fixing points from? Is it a Ford only bit?

The ones in the car now are not the ones on Ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Puma-Mondeo-mk2-Parcel-Shelf-Hooks-New-Gen-Ford-PAIR-/160734525697?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256c863901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with the separate pin that insets in the middle, these are more like normal panel clips which clip right through the plastic cover and into the drilled hole in the metal of the boot. Did the later cars (2001) have different clips?

IIRC, there were two Finis numbers:
Up to 2000 - 1038537
2000 onwards - 1067548

So do they only come from Ford?

Th ones in our car dont have pins in at all, they just clip into holes in the metalwork, like a door card attachment clip.

These are the old ones....

image.php

image.php

Having looked at hem again, im not sure they are original now.....

Do the ones on ebay which have the "pin" which goes through the middle to splay the legs out fit right through the plastic trim and into the tailgate metal shell??

That's just a normal trim clip, used on the door panels etc.

I'm not sure, but I believe they only locate in the plastic trim. The base of the button should be a fairly tight fit where it goes through the plastic trim, before the pin is inserted.

mmm, im not sure they are trim panels, as the tops are slotted.. maybe though

If the pin type posts only go into the plastic trim, how is the whole lot held in place on the tailgate? There are holes in the metalwork underneath where the holes for the clips are, and with nothing in them at all, my trim is loose. Looks like the retaining clip should go right through into the metal to locate the trim as well as hold the parcel shelf strings.

I think you're wrong on that.
The trim panel for the tailgate is mostly held in place by spring clips.
Go over to Pumapeople:
http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php?title=Puma_Lights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and scroll down to:
High Mounted Central Light Unit (tailgate third light).

It shows how I took apart the trim to replace my bulbs in the Central Light Unit.

You will probably need to Log In to see it.

Latest posts

Back