PCV VALVE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumalee100

Hi
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change the PCV reg valve
the one under the manifold?
I can see it and its just a matter of popping another one in
But cant get to it?

PCV reg valve?
not sure what you mean mate.
There`s the ICV (idle control valve) which sits on your inlet just by the throttle body.
This one is easy to do, just undo the two bolts and slide it out an inch or two so you can unplug the wire. Then refit.
Under the manifold, there`s only really the oil pressure sensor, thats got to easily from underneath.
Stu..

You have to remove the manifold to fit a new PCV valve, unless you've got super flexible arms which you can wrap around between the manifold and the slam panel. It's a good idea to clean out the crank case breather box while you have the manifold off too.

The valve simply pushes in and the old one should just pull out.

confused, PCV valve?

so off to google..

damn I`m dumb, yes of course "positive crankcase ventilation valve" Doh...

And as quoted above, Manifold need to come off.

Older thread here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You don't need to take off the manifold. Pull it out by the hand. If you need more room take out the idle valve.

As stated above, remove idle control valve to assist with access. The PCV valve will pull out with pliers, but rotate the valve in it's seal first to loosen it.
Long nose pliers needed to get the hose back on the PCV valve afterwards though. Or, you can try fitting the hose first to the valve, before refitting the valve to the engine
The inlet manifold definitely doesn't need to be removed. :thumbs:

Back