People with turbo'd pumas come talk to me!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cusworth12

Hi guys I'm wanting t turbo my puma but would you say turboing the standard 1.7 is a good idea or just drop a proper turbo'd engine in there???

Thanks cusworth :grin:

Been a few done..and very succesfully. Have a search around and I'm sure there is a Turbo project thread or two.

There was someone selling all the stuff needed to do it but he seemed to disappeared off the planet when he couldn't sell it. Funnily enough loads of people want the kit now including me...lol

Did you ask PumaNoob?

The 1.7 is a funny beast, there are a couple of successfully Turbos ones around and there have been a few heartbreaks down it too.
Unless you are super capable then it's going to cost you a lot of money to turbo the standard setup and get it running right.

I'm not sure what you mean by proper turbo since if you turbo the 1.7 it will be using a proper turbo?

If you mean an engine which came as a Turbo then there are a couple of RST engines in Pumas I think, but i'm not sure how this affects handling etc since the block is far heavier than the standard unit.

ahh i see, yeah i emailed him but didnt hear anything..... well it was either gunna be a bolt on kit that runs not alot of boost so you dont blow the standard engine to bits. or drop a 1.6 rst cvh in there. Who has the rst in there pumas then red???

Thanks for your patience :grin:

Half done. :)

013.jpg

Back