Performance oils

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

I have been looking into performance oils to sell and use on customer cars and I have finally plumped for the Metabond oil additive.

I think performance ford tested the Mueller oil...similar idea...the only difference is it is an addtivie not an oil change, it is supposed to last for 20,000 miles before neding to be renewed and so does not cost as much but with the same performance gains...supposedly...

so I am dyno-ing the car this week, then putting in the oil and dynoing it again to see the results...will let you know how it goes...this will be std, no nitrous just a standard oldish engine 90k miles

The FF review added 20+bhp to an ST engine relative to halfords synthetic oil, will be interested in the results

Simon

yes nitrous is back running will booke her in for thrusday then see how it goes...will be very interesting indeed...

well the metabond has done nothing, there is no performance increase whatsoever...so thats off the list...its interesting that they never contacted me about taking it on in the workshop...doesnt work.,..

Blue3 said:
The FF review added 20+bhp to an ST engine relative to halfords synthetic oil, will be interested in the results

Simon

No way just a change of oil would do that! Underfilling will give you a few more hp (less oil splash and windage), until the engine goes bang through lack of lube :roll:

Castrol Edge is my oil of choice at the moment, superb stuff :cool:

Cheers

Mark

The chap whose car they tested it on was very sceptical too but he confirms the results are genuine on focus stOc

yes this stuff is supposed to be the same as the mueller oil but i can see no discernable differnece at all...if there is any difference it may be a tad smoother, but thats pushing it...i didnt do the dyno thing as i am impatient, so i thought 10 bhp must be noticeable but at 120 mph it grows faster rather than accelerates and it does it just as slowly...

and mark, my friend deals in special oils and he thinks i am daft to believe and that the test those boys did must have had outside influneces that were not noticed...

maybe they didnt warm the car up before putting it on the rollers and the Halfords oil was more viscous at low temp than the nano oil. That surely would give more drag and hence lower BHP?

Simon

i have to say they certainly believe it worked but it is an amazingly unbelievable effect...internal friction is a major source of power loss within a car's engine and reduction of same will improve power and response, but I cannot see anything doing better than a good quality oil, and a well serviced engine. Sadly I have to agree with Steve.....

http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2012/08/28/millers-nanodrive-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Millers-Nanodrive-000.jpg

Latest posts

Back