Possible Over fuelling...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeBoi

Ok..

I have replaced my fuel pump and sender back to the same item that came off my car before it broke and everything is running fine until I floor it.

When I floor it I can feel the car holding back and not going anywhere in a hurry.

at half throttle it goes fine... nice and smooth but when booting it you can feel it struggling.

my thoughts for overfuelling:

strong smell of when revving and turning engine on
lift off throttle and car judders heavily
exhaust is popping and releasing a fair bit of pressure after throttle release.

I have had so many issues with air to fuel ratios so I know the mass amount of things that could be a factor in this. Anybody know of the same problem or can shed any light on this matter?

It actually sounds like mine before i swapped my MAF over.

Have you done a fault code reading on it?

and it sounds like mine just before the coil pack went, haha take your pick :lol:

haha see what I mean about factors..

could be any of the above!

I know the MAF could be to blame but its been working for ages and im on my third now. Its jacko's flowed one at the moment.
Lambda sensor would be my guess even though i did replace it but it was a second hand one.
ICV is new
Fuel regulator maybe?
dirty air filter maybe?

dashboard diagnostics might throw up a DTC? not sure how comprehensive that is though

interestingly when my coil pack went there was no faults logged in dash board or ecu

yep was misfiring very badly, but at the time like you could have been a number of things so got it hooked up to diags, which gave no clue, turned out to be the coil pack

hmmmm... mines not missfire just lagging really badly on full throttle but fine at anything up to that point?

Not sure if this works on pumas, but used to on VAG's, if you suspect MAF problems unplug it, if the car gets better then you know its MAF although you still need to replace it as the car will be running rich

yeah I will try that. done that before.

hopefully replace it with a standard item for a bit of elimination

Latest posts

Back