Potential Puma Front Splitter - gauging interest

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

I was just wondering how much interest there would be in an FRP style splitter custom made for the standard Puma... I've got one for my Fiesta ST made by Triple R Composites (not got around to fitting yet though), and thought if there was enough interest, I can approach them about creating a Puma one.

They're based only about 20 mins away from us, so now that we've got another Puma, we've got access to a guinea pig for fitting...

Thoughts people?

:eek:k:

Of what, mine? There's loads on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Triple-R-Composites/247344178667911?ref=ts&fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there isn't a Puma on in existence at the moment, which is why I'm asking them about it.

Judging by the quality and the price your Fiesta ST one cost (£67.50 retail?), I think there could be lots of interest when you think how much an FRP / FRP copy one is.

Are these made out of Carbon Fibre? Or are there a plastic composite?

I've looked on the Facebook page and I couldn't see anything mentioned about the material used to make them.

Do you think a Fiesta ST splitter made out of real carbon fibre would cost £67.50?

It's a plastic composite IIRC.

I would be interested in this, as long has suitable fitting points and not a real hassle to fit.

They're composites, the company name is a big clue. ;) Although I believe that they are looking into producing carbon fibre stuff in the future.

As I said, I haven't tried fitting my ST one yet - only because I want to get the plastics properly sprayed black, rather than the standard Ford grey - but it is moulded to fit the existing bumper, and only requires a couple of holes drilling in strategic spots on the bumper to secure using the supplied bolts.

Sounds good, would be great if it could be designed to avoid the bodge of cutting the existing rubber splitter when having to fit the FRP splitter. If something could be designed to utilise those fixings that would be quite neat.

Custom made as in it will not be as wide as the FRP one, so it fits without sticking out at each end?
If so, I'm interested! :grin:

Well, if I can get the guys at Triple R to look into it, and requests and suggestions will be taken on board. :eek:k:

I'd be interested in one. A friend has one of their splitters fitted to his K1, it was easy to fit and good quality for the money.

If its designed to fit a standard puma bumper and something even an idiot like me can fit then I would be interested (assuming the price is right) :thumbs:

I've just told Cherie to get her bum in gear!

Hi,
I work at a fiberglass boat builders in Brightlingsea. My bosses son has thought about producing Puma splitters. I have already made one, see my post "PICTURES AT LAST" on project Puma area to see what it is like. It is bolted directly on to the lugs that the rubber skirt is clipped on to with 5mm stainless bolts. I have a plug already made in order to make a mould. I have road tested for about 300 miles at high speeds all is ok with it.
Regards
Richard Mansfield

Latest posts

Back