Power Steering Hose threads.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenpenalver

Does anyone know the threads on the power steering pump and rack high pressure connections?

I'm looking to make up a custom hose for it but cant find any obvious info on the threads.

Thanks!

I *think* they're M16 x1.5. You'll need a M16 x1.5 to AN6 adaptor and then just use AN6 hose fittings.

I would have thought they'd be a Pipe (tapered) thread of some sort, as a normal parallel thread would leak under any sort of pressure.

Just took one off a puma, they're straight - unless I can't see. Thread looks to be the M16 x 1.5 too.

Perhaps this could be of any assistance?
https://www.trwaftermarket.com/en/catalogue/#market=hr&vehicleType=P&manufacturerId=36&modelId=3961&vehicleId=%7C7813%2CFront+Wheel+Drive+(03%2F97+-%3E+06%2F02%3B+125HP+%2F+92KW)&productGroupId=286

Edit: select the complete link and paste it in your internet browser to get ths steering rack

Have you tried the local Pirtek branch Warren? They should be able to knock up any sort of pipework. My local branch knocked up a full power steering pipe for £40 for a guy I know who used to work at the local garage.

Back