PPC's £999 challenge in a black top Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oglind

I'm looking for any advice or opinions for my latest project. As the subject suggests, i'm thinking about doing an engine swap for a Puma i picked up from a scrapyard (with a knackered 1.4 engine). So it got me thinking, A kit car supply company sells brand new 2.0L zetec blacktop engines for £750, the car cost me £200 and i'm allowed to sell off £250 worth of parts from the Puma for additional modifications.

I guess my question is, does this sound like a good idea? and with the extra £300 if i was to do this, what would your advice be for modifications? I believe the bellhousing is a simple bolt on as they should line up without a problem, but i've never worked with Puma's before

Thankyou to anyone who can help/advise me

Could be done but I'd probably swap a puma 1.7 in rather that 2.0 there's only a tiny power advantage to the 2.0 and the 1.7 is aluminium so is lighter

just had a little drive around in the 1.7L Puma i bought, now im not even sure if i want to take the engine out, its a nippy little thing

Back