Price of Formula E 5W30 oil at Ford Dealer shock!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
volkswagen do a 5w30 semi synthetic ford spec for £11.79 inc vat work for veedub so thats what goes in mine!

Just goes to show that you don't need to go to "HellFrauds" and spend £30+

:eek:k:

Thats an awesome price!

Can i be cheeky and ask if you could get me one and bring it to the sheffield meet please? :p

Cheers :)

I went and bought a box full:

18092009193.jpg

Yes Studge - one can be yours.... :eek:k:

LOL is this an offer at Dal's dealer only? I will have to stop off at the Stevenage one and find out if they are doing it!

Well Royston Ford dealers quoted the full RRP of £29ish for the same thing.

I had a good long chat with the guy at my local Ford parts desk and he basically said that he was told by the dealership manager to sell it competitively priced to the local car shops : hence why he discounts it 50% I even asked if it was a problem for me to buy 4 - some for my forum friends - and he said "Well it's here to be sold, so sure"

:D

Well the dealers has 2 more boxes of 4 off.

I have just one 5L unaccounted for. Want it?

ok - I'll put a little sticker on it with your name, next to Studges one..

crystalpuma said:
Yay! Do you need the money soon? Can do paypal, or you could come to dinner and collect it in person!

Whenever for the money - we can deliver it if you invite us for dinner :D

Got a friend in parts at a FOrd parts centre up in Newcastle, so got some the other day for £14.03, along with a service kit, some caliper bolts (to finally get my brakes fitted!!) and door card clips. Came with a free pollen filter too, altogether only £63.58!! The markup on some Ford parts is ridiculous... He can sell me wiper blades at £1 each!!

Then we add another £5 for a filter and we are at £20 plus the hassle of changing oil.

National Tyres do a full oil change for £25 all in if you book online (using Magnetec), just keep an eye on them when they do the work and check the dipstick over before you leave and normally it's ok.

Tom|Nbk said:
Then we add another £5 for a filter and we are at £20 plus the hassle of changing oil.

National Tyres do a full oil change for £25 all in if you book online (using Magnetec), just keep an eye on them when they do the work and check the dipstick over before you leave and normally it's ok.

Thats reasuring :roll:

Best bit bout getting your hands dirty is, you know they job is done properly

Good info though :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back