Private Plates

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly the point, special to you, but has no resale value, so they are a luxury in most senses

XIIVVX said:
Shouldn't that be ST24 WOW though?

its not an ST24 tho!

57 is the age of the car

Was trying to ST500 on the plate, but thats not easy, and not sure what to do with spare letters!

Cant get a 50 plate yet, could have ST500ST, or something like that

Your car is 57 years old? :eek:

:lol:

When I was looking at getting a FRS (Focus RS Mk1) I'd already found FR5 4 DAL for if I found a very late registered one.. :eek:k:

I had to puzzle for a while then. I didn't recall they made any ST models in 1957, still less in 1954 (57 years back), then suddenly light dawned.

It's a bit tenuous though don't you think?

yep, certainly a little, esp when people could get confused thinking a Mk2 focus was made in 1957!

I mean that would just be daft, unless they get confused thinking cos its black (with a small b) that it dates back to "you can have any colour, providing its black" days of Ford

(yes I know The Model T wasn't made in 1957, more 1927 lol)

I think it's the same for car specific plates though I mean FRP plates don't mean much to most motorists and won't have a good resale value.

my preference is to get a plate that is specific to me, would like something ending SJC , other option SUE or S ... UEY but now I also like the look of the V11XXX type plates too

Think I'm going to look at lots of combinations before I decide anyway.

Thanks for all the comments though, interesting the differing opinions :)

well i bought my puma for £500, spent £350 fixing rear sub bushes, brakes, wheel bearings,
with my car came personalised plate of P555AMB, got valued....worth....more than i paid for the car!!!! £650!!!
result :grin:

That is the main benefit (as you get older) of a personal plate. Mine is now on its fourth car.

The only problem is that the Jagdeo used to carry it, and it now carries my wife's plate, but booking in at hotels and the like I never remember and always write down the X11 number. :oops:

Of the few I'd have, one is £510, one is car specific and a waste if I don't keep it, and the other is long gone and living on a Corsa the last time I checked.

Latest posts

Back