Programming key fob to car?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reecey

Morning. Had a problem the other week, lost key and had to replace the ecu with matching key. I’ve got a 98 Puma with infrared (the thing infront of interior mirror) well the ecu I bought come with a 3 button fob and I’ve been trying to program it to the car so I can lock it from the fob from the outside but I’ve had no luck. I’ve followed a how to do page from this forum but have had no luck. I have read that a 3 button fob doesn’t work on infrared pumps but I have changed the ecu with a matching key that’s a 3 button fob. The question is, is it possible to program to the car? If so what do I have to do.

Thanks.

The second item I linked comes with a new blade. With that item you can have a replacement fob that you can program to the central locking, you can put in it the transponder from the replacement ECU and get the blade cut from your existing key.
After all that you will have a working key with working central locking... :eek:k:

Ok thanks for the reply. If I swap the central locking control would that do the trick??? It’s that the ecu come with the 3 button fob. I prefer the 3 button fobs. If it’s not the central locking module that I have to change would you know what other part it would be to change so that it works? Or is it all in the wiring loom and it would just be a nightmare and not worth doing?

I would say that the wiring is different too, so to be honest I wouldn't want to try and convert it..

Latest posts

Back